Why Madden Pisses me off

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Dec 8, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Last night BigSmooth and I played our Steelers-Titans game and it was, in the sim sense of the word, a great game played by both of us. I have tremendous respect for BigSmooth after last night's game. The two of us conversed via texts throughout the game and I am sure he will chip in on some things as well today. But some shit went down in this game that is pure cheese on EA's behalf.
    • Is there any pursuit in this game? Ex. Chris Johnson's stat line was ridiculous because if the defenders at the point of attack did not bring him down he was gone. LONG GONE. Troy Polumalu couldn't even pursue him with great angles to bring him down.
    • Thank Jebus BigSmooth is such a gentlemanly sim player because if he wanted to bounce CJ outside all game it would have been a nightmare, he was able to rack up the yards running dives, zones, and isos.
    • Fair catch is complete utter bs. I made a defensive stop and forced a punt, I look see I have no lane and firmly press the fair catch signal. Randle El never signals it, I make the catch don't press anything because I assumed I had fair caught the ball. I then get stripped of the ball and give up a score. WTF?
    • Midway through the 4th quarter and down by 10, I make a stop on third down and CJ fumbles in the process. The fumble occurred about 3 yards from the first down marker. There was a cut scene dogpile and when we came out of the pile it said the Titans had the ball. It then gave them a first down. WTF?
    • The kick meter sucks, with any amount of lag you damn near cannot kick accurately, both BigSmooth and I missed point attempts.
    Anyone else find this game to feel...out of sort?

2. Luis

Luis Walk On

It has some glitches that are annoying.
    When the CB has "eyes in the back" and bat the ball without ever turning around.
    The poor tackling is really frustrating, having a 330 DT on a 220 RB and see the RB break the tackle as if were made by a kid.
    You think the kick meter sucks now? You should have tried it before the last couple of patches, it was impossible to kick or punt, whether there was lag or not.

As long as we have great sportmanship those things can be worked around. Those glitches are awful, but if a user abuse them they turn worse.

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

yeah you are correct Luis. BigSmooth was a great guy and kept the game going with sim play. If a cheeser had controll of CJ I would be scared.

4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Thanks carolinaeasy.

Its frustrating but how I see it is that I love the NFL and with a good community of sim guys, like you said, it tends to work itself out.

With the kicking, I forget that you just can't power the kick through the uprights. If you go for power, it's gonna come back faster.

You said it was like the 3rd time you've played. It'll come to you. Your passing attack is legit so I'm sure you'll be on the up and up in no time.

I'm learning to just deal with it. One thing is for certain, studs in Madden play like studs, which is better to have AP or CJ2K run like wild on you than some cheeseball running wild on you with Donald Brown.

5. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

yea i can vouch on the fair catch attempts, cost me a lost in one of my games. also the CPU jumping routes is ridiculous!

6. Junior2310

Junior2310 Walk On

Hey Big Smooth- quit mocking Donald Brown :) You havent played Colts :) LOL LOL just kidding man.

Yes I can relate about the fumble and giving opponent 1st down. It pisses me off big time!

Should we create a rule in this because of glitch?

7. Luis

Luis Walk On

Im not sure that a rule would help, as you stated its a glitch and its not something that an owner can take advantage of. But Im open to suggestions, if you can come up with something that could improve the overall gameplay Im all ears!

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

There is a simple way to remedy this. If it happens in an instance like mine the benefactor punts next play.

9. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Luis, makes a good point and that is, as all as we keep the sportmanship up and play like that we (MEGA) will be around for a long time. I agree with the kick meter. Playing the cpu is just as tough if not more then an actual opponent is just insane. I am glad to hear that Titan's GM is a good sportmanship type of GM. Thank you.

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On