Why pre-existing injuries on?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Sep 16, 2012.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Owners should be allowed to play with full roster. Also I heard there is something weird that injuries in real life will be affected in CCM with this feature on.

2. Kyle-702

Kyle-702 Walk On

There;s nothing wrong with pre-exsiting injuries

• Like Like x 1
  3. coachgaddy

Ok but is there any truth that real life injuries will affect players in the League. if so then that should not happen.

4. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

No that I know of.

The only issue (bug) with the pre-existing injury setting that I know of is that if it is set to "OFF" then any time there is a change to the league (owner joins/leaves or setting changed) all injuries in the league get reset. That is why it is "ON". A necessity caused by a bug.

• Like Like x 1
  5. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Just to clarify what majesty said, if a member in our league decides to resign or is booted, then every player that is currently injured will miracliously make a full recovery ... for the better good of the league, I would agree that we avoid that messing situation and keep the pre-existing injuries in the game ... I don't envision a bunch of people leaving the dynasty but its better off to avoid the situation entirely

• Like Like x 1
  6. coachgaddy

I don't mind pre-existing just worried about the latter. We will have to wait and see.

7. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

I reviewed most of the pre-existing injuries and it seemed like the only people really on that list were guys who were out for a substantial amount of time, like the entire year ... and Johnathan Vilma who was out for 11 wks if I remember correctly

8. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Unfortunately, EA decided to include Week1 injuries in their roster update (they were supposed to be opening day rosters, sans week 1 injuries.) I don't like it, but it is what it is. We just have to roll with it. And, yes, they are only long-term injuries as Fred Jackson is not injured. Interestingly, Ronald Bartel is not injured either (from preseason) and is out for the year. Not sure what their criteria was but it was imperfect either way.

9. B-MELO-82

B-MELO-82 Walk On

terrel suggs is gone for 25 weeks

10. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

Grimes is out for the year for me, from week 1. Oh well. :(