Why Your Team Sucked - 2014 Edition

Discussion in '1st and 10' started by RyanC, Oct 13, 2014.

1. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Figured we could use some good natured ribbing (y)

Falcons
    : Despite having one of the best WR corps in the NFL, Matt Ryan only managed to throw for 3,049 yards and 14 touchdowns, leaving everyone to wonder if Ryan maybe got into some of Wes Welker's molly stash before every game. It gets better though, despite a 4.7 YPC average, Jaquizz Rodgers only got 7 more carries than Steven Jackson, who presumably only managed a 2.7 YPC average by falling down at the line every single play. On defense they managed to put pressure on the QB only slightly better than the Pats and Niners, yet still managed to give up 600+ yards more than either. Clearly the Flacons staff spent more time enjoying the Atlanta nightlife and less time in the film room

Chiefs: Speaking of bad QB play, the Chiefs may just take the cake for it, with Alex Smith managing only 5 TDs in 8 games, and Matt Cassell and Aaron Murray throwing for 1 in the rest. Also in perplexing moves, the Chiefs actually brought back Cassell, who was so bad in Minnesota that Christian Ponder was able to beat him out in a QB competition. To compound on this, the running game was essentially useless, with even Jamaal Charles unable to get over 4 YPC on the season. On the bright side, the defense was actually top 3 in yards allowed, though that could partially be contributed to the fact that the QB play was so atrocious that every drive started with a short field

Texans: More terrible QB play here, with 9 total touchdowns between three "QB's." At least Foster is the first star on this list of teams to actually somehow manage to get over 4 YPC, of course when you only manage 3 touchdowns that is an irrelevant stat. On defense they managed to basically leave Watt out there on his own and hope for the best, with rookie sensation Jadeveon Clowney putting up a whopping 3 sacks...

Bengals: Well, A.J. Green didn't suck, which is about the only positive on offense, because with 24 interceptions the Red Rocket was closer to one of those rockets you shot off in middle school that instead of flying straight up just went sideways and exploded into the ground. Gio Bernard was able to surpass 1,000 rushing, however his knees will probably give out considering the whopping 283 carries to be one yard over that mark.

Bears: [​IMG]

Buccaneers:
    As a VT fan, you started a Glennon at QB, and you just can't win doing that

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CamInMyMind1350

CamInMyMind1350 Walk On

Hahahaha this is brutal.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

well done Ryan, fun read man.

Expect a 180 out of Atlanta offensively, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I'd like to add the Jags sucked because of losing 2 of 3 games we had go to sim .

And of course because were the Jags lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. CamInMyMind1350

CamInMyMind1350 Walk On

Watt and 21 assholes. Coach included lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jeffrey Hartle

Jeffrey Hartle Walk On

haha... very good read. Speaking for as coach for the Kansas City Chiefs, I would not put the total blame on the QB play. It was more the fault of coordinators and staff. On top of Alex Smith being injured for 8 games, and a carousel of QBs. The Chiefs also tried about 10 different offensive playbooks as the coaches tried to figure out what the fuck they were doing. On top of that, having an offensive line with no one rated above 75 spelled disaster for Jamal Charles. lol... Things are looking up for the Chiefs though as they build on the strengths that they have going for them.

For the critique on the defense, it is fair but I think most would argue that the Chiefs had an extremely nasty Zone Blitzing package that didn't make it easy for competitors coming through, even if they did have great field position all game long.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Vikings: Super Bowl.

8. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

The New York Football Giants. I really can't say my team sucked. But I can say my gameplay at qb sucked at times. I took over the Giants at the start of week 9. We struggled at times as I said before because of my qb play but also trying to figure the identity of this team hampered us at times. Eli was up and down just like the real Eli. Some games he would be spot on with his accuracy and some games he would be like the football version of pitchers John Rocker and Rick Ankiel combined. On defense I tried to convert from a 4-3 to a 3-4 midseason, that was probably a mistake too. But I'm a 3-4 guy so I tried to make the change. I definitely didn't have the personnel for this maneuver but I came within a game of winning the division anyway. JPP struggled at OLB. He would show flashes but never really settled in. The oline play great though even though they had some injuries when I took over the team. But after some shuffling and guys returning they played well together. Definitely looking forward to the upcoming season.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Giants looking QB in draft or Nassib or something else?

10. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Gonna roll with Nassib unless u gonna trade me Manziel. Lol

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Hoyer could be had.

Now why would I trade my Super Bowl champ? :)

12. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

I'm good. Thanks though.