Why'd You Choose Your GamerTag Name?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Brandon S., Aug 14, 2011.

1. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I apologize if there is already a thread about this but I looked and could not find one. Feel free to yell at me if there already is one!

I figured i'd create this thread because some people have interesting stories behind their names, and Kapono and I were chatting and he asked about my name so I told him and he got a good laugh, figured I'd share my story with everyone!

First things first, I am not a Gngsta4Lyphe. I'm an educated individual planning on attending University of Maryland for a degree in Cyber Security then continuing on to working for the Government.

However I do still have a social life, and that means I have friends that like to play jokes! So here is my story...

I've owned a PS3 since I believe 2007 when it originally came out and people were murdering each other for the system. All my friends owned Xbox 360, and with the release of MW2 they decided to have an xbox party in my friends basement, so i decided i'd switch over from ps3 to xbox and I mistakenly hadn't bought a gold membership until I got to my friends house. Well just as soon as I had the option to choose my name, I ran to the bathroom, and came back to find that my friends thought it would be funny to name me Gngsta 4 Lyphe.

I don't care about a name enough to pay 10$ to change it to be honest, I kind of like having this young, ghetto, uneducated, care-free persona. That way people won't take me seriously in game, and I can catch them off guard. I'm not sure about you guys but I check up on my opponents in an Online Dynasty or Franchise. I want to know if he favors a WR, passes to the RB, goes for it on 4th down, whether he runs alot or passes more often, but in all honesty if you see Gngsta4Lyphe you tend to think that I'm not a good player, and then you aren't prepared for the loss =D

What are your stories behind your name?

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I was really high and listening to the band Blonde Redhead when I was signing up.

3. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

lol my name is Rob Lung.

4. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

The BCS is a joke of a system...NEED Playoffs!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I live in PA. Im a huge video game nerd. Big Ben is the man. Simple enough.

6. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Good decisions are good. Mine is my directory ID at UMD... I was way to lazy to put any actual thought into it.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

My last name is Kasperson..

lame story right?

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Matt York Cane fan hence MYCANE

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    My friends and co-workers tell me I look like Suge Knight

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Cut and pasted from this thread: LINK

I was on various message boards for games like Madden and Gran Turismo back in 1998/1999 and maybe even earlier, going by the names Hellion and/or Hellion-san (this coincidentally is when I started talking to Islesdontsuck, AKA NYJuggalo45 - weird that I've known Mike SOLELY on the internet for a good 10+ years....

I really just liked to help people play better, especially at Gran Turismo, and my driving style both IRL and in the game was pretty freaking crazy, so I picked the name Hellion as my writer name for all the advice articles I wrote on all the old Gran Turismo boards helping people to figure out what an apex was and how they might be able to use one in the game...

So I was Hellion-san for quite awhile on MM, then started getting called Helli, and eventually it morphed.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm Shaun Mason.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I am a cowboys fan. When they fired campo I wanted them to bring back jimmy..

• Like Like x 1
  13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Named after the lead singer (Jello Biafra) of the most important punk rock band in history (The Dead Kennedys).

14. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I abused xbox controllers back when I had the 360. Threw a couple across the room. Got a PS3 and went with controllerabuser.

15. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

My last name is Bond...that was taken so I added zai to it to be all clever and shit. That was also taken so I threw a 007 on the end for good measure.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Machocamocha?

My last name is Cimahosky and my nickname throughout high school football was mainly Cimmy (the other was AK47 the secret weapon). I also was a HUGE Jeff Gordon fan when I was a kid when I really watched NASCAR and Nickelodeon was on Channel 24 when I was little...so 24 was my favorite number.

17. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Back in my high school and early college sports booking days, one of my partners just started calling me Big Smooth. No one ever really knew why this dude called me it, so one day, a buddy asked him and he promptly stated with a laugh, " Cause he's just Big Smooth."

It's stuck since then. Smooth, Big Smooth, all my friends from high school and college still call me it to this day.

The 33 at the end is simply a tribute to my drink of choice...
    [​IMG]

18. Booger_Mac

Booger_Mac Walk On

Mine's my call sign from multiple deployments...

19. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

J is for my 1st initial
    Khaalis is my middle name(named after a known terrorist in IRAQ, Afganistan or 1 of those countries. Moms has a wierd sense of humor :))
    991 was just some numbers I threw on the end

20. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Well as a kid, Jason Kapono was my favorite basketball player. Mostly because I could identify with him being pretty unathletic and white and he was on the Heat. Also at his prime he was the best 3 point shooter of all time. GT is jasonkapono72 because jasonkapono24 was taken (Who has that is what I'm wondering) and he wore 72 for Philly.

21. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Needed a good gamer tag and Warren Sapp although an ass was a stud. His auto plates read QBKILLA and I just added the r.