Wick36's schedule

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by xassassin4lifex, Jul 17, 2012.

1. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

All of your ranked opponents are at home except for 1 user game vs okie st? Come on man, I know your commish, but this is just unfair. You scheduled all your easy games away?

2. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I wouldn't get too carried away about scheduling man, it is a nightmare to get those things worked out for 12 teams and try to be fair to everyone. He has no control over the conference games, so whatever happens there is out of his hands. I'm also assuming they didn't fix the glitch that switches up home/away games too. Last year that happened all the time and there wasn't much you could do about it, you'd set the schedule, advance, and it switched the home/away for some reason known only to EA's geniuses.

Long story short, I wouldn't get worked up about things like this at this point, and if I did, I would recommend sending a PM to him to find out what happened instead of making it a public thing. We're just starting out here, let's enjoy this thing and have some fun.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Who cares? As shreck said, scheduling is a nightmare. Does it really matter if his games are home or away?

4. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

everyone knows that the NCAA and ea loves Texas and so makes their schedule easier than everyone else's. well everyone except Notre dame lol

5. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Idk, are we using home field advantage? If not idc. I was just under the impression that was turned on which makes a big difference. I apologize if I came off as rude, I did not mean it to sound like that at all.

6. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Home field advantage is on, and I understand the concern. He does have #5 Oklahoma on the road, so it's not like all his ranked games are at home ;). Over the course of then next several seasons I'm sure everyone will have a favorable season here and there, just like everyone is bound to get screwed at some point. Last year I had 2 years in a row with 7 road games because of the glitch issue, it happens. Just gotta roll with it, if he has 7 home games every year, then we'll have something to complain about. Every year is going to have some quirks though.

7. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I had a longer post written out, but here are the basics.

• I used the random schedule generator feature. It aims to give you a desired number of user games for each user.
    • I didn't look at the home/away for the user games, which was a mistake on my end and will make sure it is addressed next season... unless it is bugged, as schreck said, in which case it won't do much... but I didn't really check for home/away so I don't know.
    • The logistics of scheduling with this set up is a nightmare because customizing conference start dates don't work. When you have locked conference match ups starting as early in week 1, getting everyone the right number of games is like playing minesweeper. The random thing didn't work 100% correctly, so there were 2 teams with 5 user games. Getting everyone the correct amount was not necessarily pain free.
    • I can't control the conference games, so there's nothing I can do about the WVU, OU, TCU, and KSU games.

I understand the concern, but over the course of the next few seasons I don't think you'll see a trend. Every team will have some swings in their home/away count, hopefully nothing swings over too far into the away end.

In the future, if you have concerns about something I or another member is doing, I'd prefer you PM'd me instead. In this case, it might not be bad because other people might have seen it and thought similarly.

Anyway... I will do a thorough job of looking over the home and away count next year... but I wasn't trying to give myself a gimp schedule and still won't be able to control the in conference games.

8. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

I was just asking a question. I did not mean this as an attack on you personally at all Wick. After I re-read my post I realized that it sort of came off that way, and for that I do apologize because that is the last thing I was trying to do.

Thanks for the clarification on what happened with the scheduling. I have never ran a dynasty so I did not know how hard that it was to schedule all of the games, and for that I apologize as well. Thanks, and next time if it is something like this, I will send a pm to you so that you know that my intent is not to attack you about it by any means.