Wild Card: Bears 35 Saints 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by StevenRhysCann, Nov 9, 2010.

1. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

May 7, 2010
    The Bears turned in their best all-around performance of the season when it was needed, intercepting Drew Brees four times and defeating the Saints 35-7 to advance through the Wild Card round and on to a showdown with the top seeded Carolina Panthers.

This was one of those games where nothing can go wrong for one team and nothing can go right for the other. The Saints started with the ball, but an Urlacher interception gave the Bears good field position and they would score on a 20 yard strike to Johnny Knox, 7-0 Bears at quarter time.

The second quarter was all Chicago, Ken Lucas coming up with two picks and Zackary Bowman getting one of his own, leading to Matt Forte's first TD of the game as well as Jay Culter throwing his second and third to Clark and Williams respectively. New Orleans would also score on a goal line throw to rookie TE Clay Harbor, but with the score 28-7 at half time, things were looking bad for the Saints.

Forte would finish off the scoring with his second TD early in the second half, from there Chicago would run the ball and continue their solid defensive effort to prevent the Saints from scoring any more points, 35-7 the final score from Soldier Field.

Jay Cutler and Matt Forte shared the load for the Bears, Cutler going 8/12 for 177 yards with 3 TD's and 1 interception, while Forte had 25 carries for 114 yards and 2 TD's. The entire defense was also fantastic, doing everything possible to contain the best QB in football.

For the Saints, DE Will Smith had 2 first quarter sacks on Cutler, doing his best to keep his team in the game early. WR Robert Meachem had 3 catches for 64 yards as the best offensive weapon Drew Brees had.

GG Nate, i got lucky on a couple of the interceptions, should have been closer.
  2. Fr3sH_UC

Fr3sH_UC Walk On

Mar 9, 2010
    Steve puttin a woopin on dem lol
  3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009
    GG man. One of those games that I wanted to just quit after the 1st quarter. It was amazing what Madden was doing to me. Sucks. You defense on these settings, playing like that will be unbeatable. Nothing went right and nothing worked. Even when guys were open, they weren't open, your rb's ran over all my guys while your d meet bush in the backfield every play, your des are unblockable. Just one of those games that I stopped even trying by half time. GL man. You deserve a great finish to the year. Go win it all now.