WILD CARD ROUND IS OPEN! DEADLINE FRIDAY 1/21/11 AT MIDNIGHT EST...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Jan 18, 2011.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

WILD CARD ROUND IS OPEN! DEADLINE FRIDAY 1/21/11 AT MIDNIGHT EST...

The online franchise has been advanced to the Wildcard round of the playoffs! Kudos to EVERYONE for making our second season of Madden 11 a successful one. Congrats to those who made the playoffs, and good luck to those of you entering your off-season planning. The deadline for the Wild Card round will be the usual Friday advance, 1/21/11, at midnight EST. Let's try to make a push to get these playoff games in BEFORE the deadline so that we can advance to the offseason sooner than scheduled. No pressure, but just something to strive for.​

Yes, once again, EA has missed the boat regarding the tie-breaks and playoff seedings with the online franchise (surprise, surprise). With the amount of incorrect seeds (six total including an incorrect tie-break for the NFC #2 seed), Eddie and I made the executive decision to change out the rosters accordingly. We feel that it is more important to maintain the integrity of the league's playoff format and play as the appropriate seeds than it is to play as the appropriate designated team uniform. So with that said, we have swapped out rosters as we have in the past so that the appropriate team rosters are playing as the appropriate seed in the playoffs. Please understand that we intend no disadvantage to the teams that are swapping uniforms, but we feel it is the fairest option for everyone involved (including myself as it involves me directly putting me back in the wild card round instead of giving me a bye).​

The following owners have been invited to rejoin as the following teams...​

Good luck to the Titans, Broncos, Patriots, Browns, Colts, Jets, Panthers, Cowboys, 49ers, Vikings, Rams, and Buccaneers!!! We expect to see game recaps throughout the playoffs!​

2. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

So as long as im in the playoffs this season we will be dawning Patriots uniforms? How can EA screw this up? I clearly won the head to head against the Patriots this past season, pretty friggin sad if you ask me... PS2 Madden never had this problem, I mean how hard is it to program a few formulas.

What a joke, I hate the Patriots so I will be dawning the all white AFL throwbacks, throwing it back to a point in time where I didn't hate the patriots :)

I feel dirty already... lol

3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I hate EA. But you guys go above and beyond to maintain the integrity of this game. Props to you and Eddie for that. Thanks guys!

4. CHUNKNESS

Too funny, Brad. I would assume that John would say the same if he had to don the Bills uniforms. ;) I know that you were joking, somewhat, but I wanted to make sure you are aware... Please keep in mind that throwbacks are not allowed in the playoffs. Also, the home team dictates the dark/light uniform selection.

5. Bradkaz96

Well I was serious about the throwbacks actually. Why are we not allowed to wear them in the post-season? i thought their was a rule stating that we could wear whichever uniform we wanted to wear this season.

I mean its bad enough I have to wear a Pats uni, atleast let me pick one I like :(

6. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Just wanted to go back and look for myself and found this. No orange jerseys for me either [​IMG] lol

7. Bradkaz96

I wo
    I won't tell if you don't...

j/k

8. CHUNKNESS

thx Jim

9. CHUNKNESS

Vikings/Panthers are penciled in for tonight? Whats the status of the Patriots/Broncos?... No pressure. Just want to plan ahead accordingly, thx.