Wild Card Weekend: Cowboys 31 Falcons 17

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cadepetty247, Jan 16, 2010.

1. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Aug 7, 2009
    Wild Card Weekend: Cowboys 31 Falcons 17

Felix Leads Cowboys Over Falcons

The last of the Wild Card games were between Dallas and Atlanta Falcons. The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since 96' a year after they won their last superbowl. Falcons have already beat the Cowboys this year, so the Boys need to bring their A game. Before the game both teams were getting pumped up and leading the Boys was none of than Keith "Manster JR." Brooking.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYltxqyJC0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYltxqyJC0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

AS the game starte the Cowboys chose to kick. Before any touchdown both teams exchanged FG and made the game 3-3. The Cowboys gameplan this week was mainly focused on Roddy White. Although the first quarter didn't look like they were successful as White hit them in the gut with a 28yd TD.(10-3) White ended the game with 100yds and a TD, he owned Newman and Jenkins all night. Felix Jones answerd for Dallas taking it in on an 11yd run to tie 10-10). Michael Turner came back for the Falcons to score a 2yd td, although that was Falcons last TD. Romo and Marion "the Barbarian" Barber both capped in rushing td's before halftime to make the game 24-17 at half.

In the 2nd half, the Dallas defense looked like the DoomsDay D of the 70's stuffing anything and everything Falcons threw their way. The only score of the 2nd half came from Felix Jones on a 44yd sweep. Final:31-17

Although this was a defensive game, neither team had a sack nor interception. The Cowboys ended their playoff drought and go to the Meadow Lands next week to face the Giants. The Giants and Boys beat another already this year and this looks to be a head banger.

Player of the Game- FELIX JONES 86 rushing yds 2tds

Game Stat Leaders

DAL-Tony Romo 12/18 225yds
    ATL-Matt Ryan 20/28 301yds 1td

DAL- Felix Jones 86yds 2td
    ATL- Michael Turner 34yds 1td

DAL- Roy Williams 102yds
    ATL- Roddy White 100yds 1td

Defense Leaders

DAL- Ken Hamlin 6tkls
    ATL- Erik Coleman 5tkls

Great game WAJ-- I hate the way it turned out. You are a great respectful player and I wish you the best of luck in the OMFL. I know you will be there again next year to get me....
  2. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Oct 8, 2009
    GG cade seeing as Im a cowboys fan at heart Im rooting for you the rest of the way
  3. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Aug 7, 2009
    haha thanks bro...we have a big game tmrw with farve and the vikes....hope we can win it bro...i just wish the cards would win so we can win and have another home game...so i can be there