Wildcard Game: Patriots Defense Holds Up

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by thaexistence, Jan 1, 2015.

1. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Patriots entered Houston with former starter Tom Brady at the helm after starter Mario Hyde went down in a useless game last week. The Texans proved to be a tough matchup for the Patriots on offense and defense.

The first half was marked by tough defense as neither side wanted to give anything up. Maybe, just maybe Brady's clutch rating would kick in and he would actually make some decent throws. He couldn't.Right before the half Brady threw a ball up for the sidelines to Percy Harvin who seemed to have a step on his defender; however, Brady's throw landed between the hash marks and in the arms of a waiting Texans defender. The Patriots defense decided that since Brady can't do it they would. More specifically, Jerod Mayo was the one to do it by intercepting a curl route and taking it to the house.

In the second half, the Texans moved the ball effortlessly and ended up scoring to make the game 7-7. The Patriots offense was stifled continually but managed to get a field goal to put themselves up by 3. Still this did not stop the Texans offense. However, Darrell Revis decided he needed to make one play for the year and he finally did it with a timely inception. The Patriots would focus on the ground game and were able to pound the ball down the field and eventually scored to put the game out of reach.

The Patriots are on to Pittsburgh (I think) to take on the Master of the Madden Universe and his band of brothers.

GG Matt. I look forward to our next meeting.

• Like Like x 2
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Nice win John

I think we play of Jim wins based on seeding

• Like Like x 2
  3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Great game John. After reviewing the video (Ron Jaworski voice), the killer was the pick I threw at the goalline....2nd and goal, no reason to force that. I had the tight end all alone in the flat, never should have thrown it. Good luck with the rest of the playoffs.

• Like Like x 3