Wildcard Round San Diego Chargers vs Oakland Raiders

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kidofcrash23, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Raiders move on with 17-6 win against San Diego Chargers

I will to make this as informative as possible as we actually played two separate games due to a de-syncing error from the EA servers. I was up 20-3 and the game de-synced after a pick in the endzone by me with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd. We agreed to play another game for the 1st half and determine the winner after the 1st half and the Chargers wasn't able to make up the deficit which eventually became a 17-6 win

In the first game, the Raiders worked McFadden through the game who amassed almost 150 yards through almost three quarters to help the Raiders build a 20-3 lead with about 3:30 left in the 3rd. Palmer was struggling a bit throwing two pics, but the defense came through holding Ryan Matthews to under 4 yards a carry and if it wasnt for a big 30 yard game, woudl of been under 3 yards a carry. McClain help shutdown Rivers who struggled to hit receivers in the rain with two pics and Probowler Shaugnessy reeked havoc in the backfield breaking up run plays and sacking Rivers.

The game de-synced after palmer threw a pick inside the 5 yard line up 20-3.

The 2nd game the Raiders built a 17-6 lead and took the game, but losing McFadden on the first carry to a herniated disk for 12 weeks. Taiwan Jones the pre-seasons leading rusher and who gained over 500 yards or rushing over the last 4 weeks of the season took over and run through the Charger defense as well going for 100+ yards. The defense came through again cuzing 4 sacks and a few picks on Rivers. The Chargers couldn't establish their running game and Rivers struggled.

gg Danny

2. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Does that mean that McFadden is out for you now? That's too bad considering it happened in do-over game.

3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Well put Kidofcrash23. Nightmare's of our first match-up in the rain were vividly brought to the forefront of our minds as we had another rain game at the black hole. It was encouraging to force the turnovers but the Chargers offense was very conservative and played a little scarred to be honest. Our passing game has been a mess all year and we were playing to stay in the game instead of really putting pressure on the Raiders. @kidofcrash played great defense and put solid pressure on Rivers all day. There were a few frustrating times where Rivers was sacked with open receivers just out of reach! We are happy to have made the playoffs but if our passing game doesn't improve we will not be making it next year... Looking forward to the off-season. A lot of unknowns in the process but interested to get things going. Also it will be fun to see how the rest of the playoffs turnout. I think the Raiders have a real chance to win it all. this is a great team that could get on a role. I think the Steelers will be their biggest test along the way.

4. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

he out 12 weeks so yes

can blame ea for that due to desuncing issue. He got injured first carry second game I think. Just bad luck. Taiwan will do fine I hope

Correction 3 weeks, in game it said 12 weeks out, i checked, now it says 3 weeks....he cna come back in superbowl i guess if i make.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012