Wildcat & nano blitzes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Nov 1, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Wildcat & nano blitzes

ok, guys come on. don't use ANY PLAY 3 and 4 times in a row. I don't want to ban the wildcat, but I will if my hand is forced. Don't use the wildcat. Do we need to all be treated like we are newbies and make me put a limit on how much the wildcat is ran? 3 an 4 times in a row, 20-25 times a game is ALL UN-REALISTIC.

Also nano blitzes. If you are caught doing these you will get the boot, and i wont feel bad. Don't be doing these nano blitzes where you are lining guys up to get to the qb in 1/2 a second.

2. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

what are nano blitzes?

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Pitches with fast running backs is being overused too IMO. I had a guy use the same pitch 4 times in a row at the 5 yrd line. Guess it was kind of my job to stop it though huh? lol

4. natedawg212000

no play, weather its wildcat, pitches, slants, nothing should be used 4 and 5 times in a row. imo, not even 3 times in a row. freaking learn how to play ball and not just use one play that works.

5. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

what if i pick a play where the MLB blitzes and i control him and blitz?

6. natedawg212000

thats fine. nano blitzes are where people put players in gaps that confuse the AI and sack the qb in 1/2 a second. now if you blitz and make a great play then thats fine.

7. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Would you have said something like that if he ran up the middle 4 times? Heres a play you should hit the lab with.... normal nickle, CB zone blitz.(not the accually name but i can explain...) corners blitz wide from both sides. nickle CB and both linebackers are in middle zone and safetys are in deep zone. that alone with a line shift or a linebacker shift will stop the the pitch run about 90% of the time. you gotta have a little bit of stick skills thou or your liable to get beat deep BUT if "they run the same play over and over" you should know its going to be a run.

8. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Good tip. Thanks

9. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

its pretty realistic IMO if your the phins haha

10. Branden

Branden Walk On

alright i have no problem with this but like in real life its your job to stop it point blank period! i had screens run on me all day my last game vs the bears i didnt complain i just tried to stop it and couldnt i honestly dont have an issue and isnt tht the philosphy in real life too?

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I don't think there is a problem with running the same TYPE of play again and again (unless it exploits AI). I think the problem here is the same EXACT play over and over again. Yeah, I run slants a lot when I play offense. But there are 10 or 12 plays called slants in about 5 different formations. So changing it up while still running your "bread and butter" plays I think is okay. But running the same slants call from the same exact formation over and over again is cheese, especially if it works every time.

Am I far off base with that assessment?

12. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I was half joking about the pitch guys! lol

13. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Any coach in OMFL that lets screens generate 90% of there offensive total has no skill. I don't mind 3 to 5 screens a game but when that is the base of your offense you have no skill. From what I hear some of the top teams in the league are screen junkies. Just think everybody knows that screen plays at guaranteed to work 95% of the time for big gains because the AI does a poor job of picking it up at times. It not a AI flaw but its a heavy advantage don't burn it out go to the lab and learn to throw downfield.

Also to note all the Patriot CB's have excellent Play Recognition ratings and high tackle ratings so we welcome screens.

14. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

ok this was brought up last night in my game, i run the wildcat maybe 5 to 6 plays tops per game. i run this formation for the sole purpose of getting the oppentent to blitz everyone... then pass it, is this a violation of league rules??????? lendell white threw a 41 yard TD to scaife becuase my oppenent blitzed everone and left him open enough to run under an extremely poor thrown ball. A RB CANNOT play QB but can a RB pass out of the wildcat?

15. natedawg212000

yes, you did nothing wrong, totally within our rules.

16. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

ok he didnt blow up as once thought, he said he was thinkin mega league rules, i told him if he feels wronged we can play again but its up to him.

17. natedawg212000

guys i am VERY close to putting a cap on how much the wildcat can be ran. the real life Dolphins run it 10-15 times a game in a 15 min quarter game. running the freaking wildcat 20-30 times a game is complete BULL CRAP. this is getting quickly annoying.

18. chrisdstan

chrisdstan Walk On

Yes i ran screens but they wasn't all day and your really making it sound like a ran them over and over again. I remember running like 5 the whole game and they wasn't to the same person. Sorry you got offended by running the wildcat but I never ran a screen back to back like you did the wildcat. My simple question was asked was there a rule against running so many in a row and that's how this topic came to life. That game we had our defense was playing pop warner football. I ran the wildcat once with Hester and that was it. My running back got those yards by breaking tackles on plays i called. I never once called you a cheesie player for running that formation a all. I never complained to you once. I just played my game and after awhile the wildcat stop working. I really thought it was being ran because you was down but I didn't expect to be ran that many times is all.