Wildcat.net

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by quietstrm, Aug 4, 2010.

1. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Wildcat.net

[​IMG]

2. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Wildcat Captains: QB David Persa, DE Corbin Bryant, LB Quentin Davie

3. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Wildcat Defense comes through BIG!!!

The 1st game of the year for the Wildcats wasn't as easy. Don't let the final score of 28-3 fool you. It was close. This game was a close defensive battle throughout the 1st half with Navy hitting a field goal before halftime.

The Wildcats started the 2nd half with the ball and quickly put themselves in a bad situation. David Persa threw an interception putting a confident Navy Offense in inside the NW 10. Then suddenly it happened...the key play of the game. Captain OLB Quentin Davie intercepted a late option pitch by Navy Qb Ricky Dobbs running 95 yards for a touchdown. From that point on the Wildcat running game (Arby Fields 20 car, 148 yds, 3 tds) did enough to aid a amazing performance by the Wildcat defense.

There are still many questions about the offense. David Persa struggled with a Qb rating of 38.6. Persa went 9/24 with 2 ints and no tds. Hopefully this is just the rust of the off-season. The fans have high expectations for what they want to see in their new starting Qb after the amazing performances by Mike Kafka last season (who is now an Philadelphia Eagle). Only time will tell.....

4. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Week 2 = Ouch

More problems for Northwestern. NC State came to play and ran over the wildcats. NC State's O line played good football. While the Wildcats played confused and were full of mistakes. Coach of the cats stated "more practice is needed to be better" :p. More ?s

5. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

I got some lucky picks there that set up some easy scores, but good game. I'm sure your squad will pick it up as the season progresses.

6. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

thanks Paw.

7. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Wk 3 Stanford

The first half was close. Things did not look good for the visiting Wildcats. But once again the defense came through in the second half with a big interception for a touchdown. From there Persa got hot and started connecting with receivers. The Wildcats threw a haymaker and the Stanford never regained form.

8. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Wk 5 Minnesota

Very close game. The Cats let the Gophers stay in the game and in the end it came back to hurt the them. Rough loss. The Cats need a short memory because next week they face a good Boilermakers team.

9. ThePaw

Ouch. Goodluck against jason next week

10. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Week 6 Purdue (CPU played me) & Week 7 Bye

Purdue played tough in the 1st quarter from there the Wildcats had control until the 4th qtr. Northwestern missed a 20-something field goal and the Purdue marched down field and scored cutting the lead to td. But they could not get the ball and NW won the game. Good win!!

Week 7 was a bye. Signed another recruit 4* FS. This brings the total # of commits to 2. The other 3* WR. Got a ways to go. Next up a good Michigan State game (USER GAME).

11. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Week 8 Michigan State

This was a close game. Northwestern had a great start offensively in the 1st qtr with a long drive and a td. The Wildcats seemed to lose control in the 2nd qtr when their backup rb muffed a punt and Michigan State returned for a Td. But momentum changer. Game was tight but The Spartan's Offense was hitting all gears. The Wildcats played tough but when you play a good football team you can't make stupid mistakes. Tough fought game for the Wildcats. Better game for the MSU. We got a ways to go.

12. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Week 9 @ Indiana...Week 10 vs. PSU

Lost two straight close ones to both of these team. Both hurt because well the Hoosiers are a below average team and PSU a high ranked team (were #7) with a average qb. Ouch...Ouch...Ouch.

13. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Week 11 Iowa

Close game.....Offense was clutch and made some great plays. We win a close one.

Week 12 Illinois

One step forward (Iowa) Three steps backward.....Season of ouch...and close games continues. We lost in an ugly game to Illinois. First half was ended at 24-7 Illinois and this team we played ain't no spring chicken. Final score with a comeback 34-28...Illy wins!! Hopefully we can upset Wisconsin. A losing season is inevitable now but we can finish with a win. Right now we are in the basement. My qb is colorblind...well I am I guess cause I have control haha....Still fun though....And I still wanna play all you guys in my OCC schedule next season.

14. ThePaw

Good luck against Wisconsin man, don't let John Clay beast you up.

15. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

LBS will have to have a big game. Cbs have been struggling lately.... We will see...Thanks Paw

16. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Season 2 Wk 1 Boston College at Northwestern

The Wildcats came out hot and had control of most of the game. In the 2nd half the All-American TE Dunsmore of the wildcats tore his knee up and is out for the year. Additionally the top DT Nafi on the Wildcats also was announced out for the year with a torn Achilles tendon. Big win....but lost a couple of good ones.

17. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Week 2 NC State at NW

The game was back and forth in the 1st. NC State moved the ball well on two early drives but threw two early picks. The NW offense could not capitalize. To make matters worse Persa was gun-slinging (sometimes good) but this evening it was bad folks :p The Wildcats tried to fight back into the game but an early cross the field pick 6 in the 3rd put away any momentum. FINAL 31-14 (Score closer then game). NC State outplayed the Wildcats for the 2nd straight year with strong play all around. With the looks of things NC State may ? scheduling another home and home. It is too early to get all doom and gloom but one things for sure the wildcats miss Dunsmore in the middle of the field.

18. ThePaw

It was definitely a closer game than what the scoreboard says. Good game man, hope to continue our rivalry and good luck in the rest of your season.

19. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Week 3 Iowa at Northwestern

Northwestern won in one of the most ridiculous comebacks in school history. One would have thought the game was over at points but somehow the Wildcats kept their poise and won the game. The Wildcat D shut down Iowa State in the 4th qtr. This is amazing because throughout the whole game Iowa State was dominating on O with their no huddle offense. The game had plenty of fireworks. Persa (NW qb) had some ridiculous stats ending game with 500+ yards and 5 tds (also 4 ints gosh!) the saga continues for the gunslinger. This team is not a good football team but they may surprise some people. Well if Persa lasts the whole season he was hurt yet again. God bless him. Tough game....amazing comeback. Don't remember details look for yourselves :p

20. ThePaw

Sick win man.