Wildcat, option game, package subs

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ZepHead, Oct 2, 2009.

1. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Wildcat, option game, package subs

Want to know what you guys think about this stuff

Wildcat: There are 2 wildcat formations in the game and I believe they are in Auburn's PB. I'll have to check but I'm positive there is at least one. So is the use of the wildcat allowed? If so, does this fall under trick plays or a legitimate formation that we can run a series out of? I am not convinced that this is overly effective esp against users but if you guys think otherwise let me know

Option:

(a) Pitching: What is considered a late pitch? Should we restrict option pitches to before the tackling animation starts? IMO That's how it happens IRL. If so what should be the punishment for late pitches?

(b) Mtn Option Pass Plays: These plays effectively are a run-pass option where the QB obviously runs out of the pocket every time this play is called. What is your take on these plays? Should they be banned?

Package Subs: The WR @ HB, HB Slot, Dual HB, Heavy, Strong etc. type subs. I dunno how many of you have been using these and how often but I just want to make sure that these subs are allowed.

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I say wildcat and package subs are welcome. Just as long as you don't abuse them. Example, you should be able to use the wildcat but don't use it every 3rd and inches. Team IRL use WR's at HB on certain plays and I find nothing wrong with lining up a HB in the slot.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Be cautious about the late pitches the game has attempted to add a risk for doing it but it could be abused. Everything else is fine package subs are fine just no abuse of it like CA said.

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Mississippi State has wildcat too, however like Sidid said..it can be stopped

5. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Yeah just wanted to put it out there for all the option teams. What about the option pass plays? No way the QB stays in the pocket during those plays, so I say we treat them the same way as PA Bootlegs - link them up with runs. Thoughts?