Wildcats All Access

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dmanno2, Sep 1, 2010.

1. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Wildcats All Access

Dan Persa wasn't as sharp as usual, throwing 4 INT's against a mediocre Gopher D. He did finish the day 17 of 35 with 310 yds. Arby Fields broke a NCAA record longest rushing TD, 85 yds which made him the big man on campus this week. That spot usually belongs to Persa. Minnesota QB Adam Weber looked terrific at times and in one drive he picked apart the Wildcat defense, but they held their own and only gave up one TD. NU looks forward to visiting Purdue this week.

2. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Dan Persa looks to be back in form. The Wildcats got off to a slow start as Purdue jumped out to an early 14-0 lead. The Purdue offense seemed to be invincible on third down even in long situations. Arby Fields had a spectacular 56 yd rushing TD to win the game with 1:35 left in the 4th. Persa finished the game 15 of 32, 2 TD's, 244 yds.

3. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Northwestern jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead, but the momentum shifted tremendously at the end of the first half. Indiana boosted their D and their offense was in sync on just about every drive in this routing. The wildcats may still be in shellshock after the Michigan State loss, and only hurt their season more here.

My offense was terrible, and any time I would get a decent drive going I would turn the ball over.

My secondary was horrendous, and I couldn't get any pressure on the QB. Indiana had their way with me.

Maybe I took them too lightly coming in? Especially after the 14-0 lead it seemed I had the game sealed. I'll get em next time!

4. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Evanston, IL- The scoreboard isn't a good indicator of how close this game really was. Turnovers killed the Wildcats, especially the 2 in the redzone. Penn State looked to be beatable throughout the whole game, but then some how Newsome would dip and doge away from two potential sacks and throw a bomb on third and long. The secondary definately needs improvement, so does the pass rush. "I am not disappointed in the play of the Wildcats, but more disappointed they didn't pull this one out because they made some big plays and proved they could hang. Luck just wasn't on our side." coach commented. On a better note, Schmidt broke out with a 100 yd kick return after the Nittany Lions' first score. He broke a school and NCAA record on the return.

5. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Houston, TX- Wildcats are Texas Bowl champs after beating Mizzou 41-21. Reliant Stadium was rumbling with fans from both sides at kickoff. The game started off just as the Wildcats would hope as Missouri return man fumbled the opening kickoff. He did recover the fumble, but it was foreshadowing for a field day the Northwestern D/Special teams would have. The defense forced 5 turnovers, all of which came in big time situations. Redshirt Freshman Evan Watkins played well in his first start for the injured all star Dan Persa. The Wildcats seemed to be in sync all day, and wanted to take home the Texas Bowl trophy. Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert threw for 353 yds and completed 28 of his 36 passes, 1 for a TD, and 2 Int's. Watkins threw for 349 yds and finished with 2 TD's and 2 Int's. Coach Dmanno2 ended his short lived career at Northwestern as he is moving on to his dream job over at Norte Dame after a successful year with the Wildcats.

6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Nice work against Missouri. They are a tough team through the air. Good luck at Notre Dame. They are coming off of a 4-8 season.

7. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

I should be able to turn them back in the right direction. Got to get some size and speed on D though. Yeah Missouri's pass game was amazing. Especially the deep ball!

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Hack uses Mizzou in SH and is lighting it up with Gabbert. He is a solid QB.

Mike

9. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Yeah he is tough to defend because he is accurate, has power, but is also mobile... You almost HAVE to put a spy or contain on him throughout the game.