Will anyone other than USC win a conference title?

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by gowazzucougs, Jul 12, 2011.

?

Will anyone seriously challenge USC throughout the dynasty?

1. yes

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

As many of us know, Dru has stated his team of choice at the moment is USC. Unlike the Big 10 where the users selected schools that are generally dominant, many of the users in the PAC-12 selected some have nots like WSU and ASU, while others have selected programs that are on hard times like Cal and UCLA. Only one user selected a team that can challenge USC from the start, Cheez with Stanford. However, Stanford is only considered a 4 star program going into season one, thus he will have a disadvantage in recruiting. Will any of these programs win a conference title, and consistently challenge USC as the team to beat in the PAC-12 throughout this dynasty?

2. gowazzucougs

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

the only way a team other than usc will win is if dru switches to utah. then i'll take utah every year

4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I say no

5. gowazzucougs

Well there are four yes votes, I guess we are all hopeful.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Is this another attempt to sway Dru away from USC gowazzucougs ?

As dakota stated best over in the NO's, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. So I voted yes. Even though history tells me otherwise (see Big 12 and Big 10 in the Night Owls....were dominated by Ohio State and Texas throughout the 8 seasons we got in).

7. gowazzucougs

Not necessarily. It is just an interesting question to ask and discuss as build up to our first season. I have my opinions as to why Texas and OSU dominated their respective conferences in Night Owls. I believe if Dru did choose Utah, I definitely believe things are more even at the start. In addition based on my one game against Dru I believe he is beatable, you just need the talent to do so.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

With a CPU controlled Oregon team if Dru takes USC he will win more Pac 12 Championships than anyone else but im not willing to say he is going to win every single year. Someone should rise up eventually and knock him off a time or 2...just odds, you can't win them all, unless your Hokie in T3 :)

9. gowazzucougs

Yeah part of me wishes that Jayrah and Cheez would take Oregon and Oregon State. Oregon State really is not that bad, and if I had them from the start I probably could have prevented the Dakota era from occurring. And Hokie did not win them all, just most of his games.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Teams better do it between years 1-3 because after that, the recruiting juggernaut that is USC will leave everyone in the dust.

11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I voted yes after I threw 5 picks in one quarter earlier today....

12. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Depends on the skill of the users in the pac 10.

I abstain.

13. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Alright folks. Settle down, settle down. First of all, one bad year at Cal does not constitute "hard times". Also please remember that Cal had the #1 defense in the Pac 10 last season. All they need is a coach that knows how to work the talent. USC couldn't be beat by Cal....in the Tedford era. But we are a new breed.

Even if it's not Cal, there will be several that challenge SC year in and year out. Recchem knows how to build a program in a short amount of time and Sibellius is talented at ASU. Not to mention the fighting Lucks, who have the best qb (arguably) in the land, and a stout line. GoWazzu will need some recruiting time, as I took the Cougs in my private OD and it is slim pickings in year 1.

YES. Someone can and will challenge the mighty Trojans. After all they lost several games last year....

14. Dru50

Well, after a bit of tinkering with dynasties today, I'm going to stick with USC.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jayrah

And a champion runner up is born! ;)

16. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I've heard Dru has skills. If true, with USC being a 6 star school it will be difficult to unseat him.

17. Jayrah

Difficult, not impossible ;)

18. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

He beat me 16-3 in the TSO tournament last night, but I had him on the ropes. Had the ball at his 35, down by 6, with 0:30 left before throwing a pick. He put up a late score to make it look pretty, but it was very close.

With that in mind, I think not only can I beat him, I can beat him year 1 in the Pac 12 title game!

19. Dru50

Well, I have to completely rethink my offense or Barkley is going to get killed behind the USC offensive line, since they pretty much suck at pass blocking. Based on that I'd bet that someone else wins the PAC 12 year 1.

20. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Utah is still an option, dru.

21. Dru50

Cheez
    recchem2000

Finally played a user game with USC, and I'm feeling pretty good about them following a 45-20 win.

Of course, it was vs Papa Perry, so.....