Will Peterson break the rushing record?

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by Ace847, Jan 27, 2013.

?

Will Peterson Break the Rushing Record?

1. Yes

44.4%
  2. No

55.6%
  1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

2105 is the goal.....I don't know the exact total for Peterson (help me out JSimms) but I know he's over 1800 with two games to go! In real life Peterson fell just short but will he get there in TLY season 2???

I will have to do a little research on the Vikings final two regular season games and his total yards before i make my prediction. I hope he breaks it! The Chargers' Ryan Matthews lead the league last year in rushing with 1851 (and that was hard) and I would be really impressed with JSimms if he can pull it off. I think the Vikings have solidified a playoff spot and wonder if he will sit his virtual starters or will he go for the record? I guess we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Danny - I sat Peterson for the last 6 quarters of last year's regular season, but he didn't have a shot at the record last year either. My main concern is that he is only rated an 84 in Injury, and if AP goes down so do the chances of the Vikings repeating as TLY champions. We had hoped that trading for QB Tony Romo would take some of the pressure off of AP. Unfortunately, Romo hasn't played well (not many weapons to play with in the passing game, other than Percy Harvin).

It's definitely been a magical season for #28 as he has already tied the rushing TD record set by Marshall Faulk with two games to play. With a win versus Green Bay in Week 16, the Vikings would lock up the #1 seed for the NFC playoffs. If that were to happen, it would be pretty tough to play AP in the finale versus Carolina unless he's got a real shot at breaking the record. All that said, the Vikings aren't too worried about breaking records; they're much more focused on their rematch with the Pack after not showing up in Green Bay a few weeks ago.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I sat McFadden the last three games last season, Ryan Matthews can thank me fr that. I think he was at 1800, he would of broke it if i didnt sit him :). The irony in all this, he got hurt 1st play in our playoff game and out for the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Ya it was nice to win the rushing title but I'm (he's) still bitter that he didn't make the pro-bowl and get those bonus points!

5. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

come on! you already have a championship! Go for history! Peterson will get hurt the first game of the playoffs like McFadden if you give him time off anyways........

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

If the Vikings should meet the Seahawks in the playoffs, they will be stopped dead in their tracks. JSimms has yet to beat Coach Fuzzy in the playoffs, maybe he can get the monkey off his back! ;)

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Ouch

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Romeo has been solid for me, not spectacular, but his improvement is directly related to our 4 game winning streak. I think i made the right decision, Charles Johnson hasn't been all pro or anything, but he's solidified the line enough to improve our running game to the top 5 of the league.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

A.D. 2013 - The Year of Adrian
    [​IMG]
    There's a new magic # - 2,128. It was only fitting that the rush that pushed Adrian Peterson past Eric Dickerson's 1984 rushing record, was also his record-extending 32nd touchdown of the season. AP finished the season with 2,128 yards on 397 carries (a 5.4 YPC average) & 32 Touchdowns. It was a magical season for AP, and the sports nation would be shocked if he doesn't walk away with league MVP & OPOY awards, as he single-handedly carried the Vikings into the playoffs with a 14-2 record. When asked about his achievement, the humble Peterson gave all of the credit to his All-Pro offensive line, which features 4 pro bowlers in LT Kalil, C Sullivan, RG Schwartz, & RT Loadholt. The historic game ball was given to his pro bowl FB Jerome Felton. ​
    The Vikings now look ahead to the playoffs as the #1 seed in the NFC, as they look to repeat as TLY champions. Perhaps a rematch versus the Falcons, who handed the Vikings one of their two losses this season? Or, will the Cowboys meet the Vikings in the divisional round, giving QB Tony Romo a shot at redemption? The NFC is deep this year, and it's sure to be another battle to see who will represent them in the Super Bowl. ​

• Like Like x 5
  10. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Congrats JSimms and AP on a spectacular season. I am gonna do my best next season to have MJD surpass the 2,128 yard mark. I know that's a tough row to hoe but we'll see. Congrats again man.

• Like Like x 1
  11. brizz98

brizz98 Walk On

They call him mini me!
    RB- Jeremiah Banks

Don't count out my rookie Jeremiah Banks. He had a tremendous rookie season and if he can stay healthy its always possible. I compare him to AP except Banks is stronger and a rookie to say the least. ;) He's pretty much my hero. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Vikings o-line deserves as much credit as Peterson, maybe more so. Not saying "any" RB could do it but that front is as nasty as the Redskins hog-line in the 80's and that Cowboys o-line in the 90's that made three HoF's.

• Like Like x 1