Will Purdue Repeat???

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, May 28, 2009.

?

Will Purdue Repeat???

1. No Doubt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bruce will derail the Boilermakers amazing run

100.0%
  1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Will Purdue Repeat???

An amazing feat can take place in a few days.....we will have our first multiple League Champion but we could also have a REPEAT one with one of the worst starting teams in the league.

Purdue = Dynasty???

Bruce and Michigan has been firing on all cylinders all year except for 1 miracle pass by PSU. No-one has been able to slow down the highly talented Wolverines.

If anyone can slow down a team it is Helli and his Boilermakers. His 3-4 defense can crush the run as his superb safeties lock down the deep ball. I cant even remember the last time Purdue has lost. Helli has emerged as one of Tradition's best competitors.

GAMEPLANS
    Michigan's offense has improved 10 fold over the life of the dynasty. The guy can simply read defenses. The only way to be effective on defense is to blitz. Bruce gets happy feet sometimes and throws balls that should not be thrown under heavy pressure.

His run game against users leaves alot to be desired as he is quick to give up on it if it is not working and his is behind. Michigan will need to be able to run to beat Purdue!

Michigan's defense is a tough one to read..they are talented but their weakness is against the pass. The crush the run so you will need to trick them playing calling wise to gain solid yardage. Once you do that you will have Bruce confused and you can open it up. Expect the DBs to be ball hawks but alot of them have butter fingers.

Purdue Defense is a hard one to figure out. My last game against them gave me some ideas. You can pound them inside with the right back but bouncing it outside really hurts them. Dont be afraid to pass he will leave alot of WR's one on one but becareful as Helli has improved on his user coverage. Helli's surveys the field usually with his LBs so the anything over the middle might be covered but he can tend to forget about deep over the middle.

Purdue's Offense watch for quick passes over the middle on 3rd and short and he likes to run straight up the middle alot. Coach Helli can pretty much do anything on offense so dont be surprised if he throws 6 straight passes or 5 straight runs. He like to keep defense's guess and that whats keeps the chains moving. he wont turn the ball over so you will need to make stops and once again get to Anthony Robinson. He is slow so Michigan's speedy DE's could present a problem. He fumbled for a TD against PSU......he still has that in the back of his mind.

Good luck to both as this will be a close one and it is my gut feeling a higher scoring afair for the Big Ten.

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

Overwhelming since of guilt of being in the title game while Penn St. sits at home will prevent Michigan from being at their best in the national championship.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

By the looks of this I can make an accurate line on this game.

it is looking like Boilermakers giving 6.5

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

My money is on the champ.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's essentially evened up now as Bruce will obviously vote for himself (if at all). Guess you need to adjust that line!

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Did you decide if you were going to stream this game, Helli?

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yes, I bought a web cam yesterday, effectively ensuring my loss.

8. jfosh

jfosh Super

lol (8()

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I advanced, and it IS Michigan vs. Purdue...

I'm having problems with Justin.tv though. When I click 'broadcast' it immediately crashes my browser. Every time. IE and Firefox both....

10. jfosh

jfosh Super

What version of browser? and did you download the active x control for the web cam? (This should pop up when you click the broadcast button)

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Helli,

Will we be playing tonight? I wont be around much on Saturday but Sunday is open.

I want to watch the Laker game tonight also.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

hell no......we are still 2 weeks away.