Will the WSU Coach Get Fired?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Nov 18, 2011.

?

Will the WSU Coach get fired?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Folks, things are bleak in Pullman. WSU is 3-7. The Cougs have not won a game since Week 7 at Idaho. The Cougs have come very close to having one hell of a season; losing by 3 to FAU, losing by 5 against Colorado, this game was complete BS, but Cougs only have themselves to blame for this loss with Halliday throwing a pick while near the goal line. Against Cal, the score may appear lopsided, the Cougs were driving to take the lead late in the game but Halliday fumbled the ball and Cal recovered it for touchdown. Against Stanford, after being dismantled for 3 quarters WSU responded scoring 21 unanswered to take the lead with less than 40 seconds remaining in the game, of course Stanford drives the ball down the field with the little time remaining and kicks the game winning field goal. Against Oregon the team played the Ducks tough for a half. Against OSU, the Beavers dismantled the Cougs for a half before the Cougs rallied to take the lead in the fourth quarter to only watch the lead disappear in one play. All we have left to play is Washington, the #3 rated and undefeated Washington Huskies. Folks it appear the Cougs will finish 3-8. And notice I saw 3-8, not 3-9 because the scheduling committee apparently cannot count to 12. The Cougs only had 2 non conference games, not the normal 3 like everyone else gets in the PAC-12. At the moment, a third non conference looks very appealing because it would give Coach Worgum a chance to accomplish at least one contract goal.

However, there are positives to the Coach Worgum era: Coach Worgum can recruit! Last season he brought in an ESPNU TOP 150 WR, Curtis Henderson. Henderson this season was the Cougs' second best OVR receiver. Unfortunately, Henderson went down with an injury and has missed practically the entire season. This season Coach Worgum continued to hit the recruiting trail hard, signing the #29 rated WR Caleb Hill from Louisiana. This was a big signing for the Cougs as it established a pipeline into Louisiana. Coach Worgum during his two years at WSU has established pipelines in Texas and Louisiana, and is attempting to create a pipeline in Wisconsin before the season ends.

In addition to Henderson, WSU got lucky in the transfer lottery last off season. With BSU QB Jimmy Laughrea and RB Jay Ajayi transfering to WSU. Laughrea comes in with an OVR of 82, and Ajayi comes in with an OVR of 82, and his speed is 95 and acceleration 96. In addition to the BSU transfers, WSU got a tight end transfer from Oregon, Jordan Hagen, OVR 83. These players are by far the best players the Cougs will have next season, and will the Cougs compete next season.

At the moment, Coach Worgum's approval rating is 61%, I don't know how it is 61%, but it is. The basic poll question, is will WSU offer a contract extension to Coach Worgum, but the follow up question is should I take the extension. This team will be better next season, but remember the Cougs play in the division of death with Washington and Oregon.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I don't think you will get fired but I also think you should get the hell out of that Conference ASAP. With Oregon and Washington every year, you don't stand a chance in hell winning up there...just my 2 cents :)

3. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I'm confused...the poll question I see is: Will the WSU Coach get fired?

But if you can get out of town, it would probably be best.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think you just saved your ass last night winning the Apple Cup! Nice win in that one man!

5. gowazzucougs

Yeah, my approval rating jumped from 61 to 71%. I am pretty sure I am safe, now the question is do I stay or go?

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

GO!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. gowazzucougs

Unlike most, I am not intimidated by boda and WGW. I realize I play in the Division of Death, but I can still be successful at WSU. Next season I will have a QB that most likely be rated 85 OVR, with a throw power of 88-90, and accuracy 90-93. I never get to play with that type of talent at QB. My running back will have at least 95 speed and 96 acceleration. And my receiving corp is very good, I signed a ESPNU TOP 150 player last season, and signed a 4 star WR recruit this year. The defensive side may not be improving at a fast rate, but I like the direction of the team.

Lastly, while everyone else gets to play in the conference championship games, and bowl games I am going to study which jobs I believe will be open. If my name is not called early on the CC, I may stay because I am not going through the CC hoping for something better Wyoming/SDSU.

8. mboda

mboda Walk On

I Lol'd at this (y).

9. gowazzucougs

It is not like I have any plans on beating you. You should look at what I am returning next year on the offensive side of the ball, I kinda want to come back. If I win all my games, but yours it is still a successful season.

10. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

gowazzucougs

Is Arizona on your schedule next year........ :D If so I wouldn't count those chickens just yet!

11. gowazzucougs

Yes, most likely Arizona is on the schedule. Realistically if I win all my CPU games, I could still lose all my user games and everything will be good.

12. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I'm not gonna guarantee victory or anything, I'm just saying I will be a tough out, unlike most CPU teams

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

gowazzucougs

you got a bowl game...don't know how the hell that happened but it did!

14. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

What?? 4 wins and in baby!!!

15. gowazzucougs

Last year in T3 I got a bowl bid with five, this year a bowl bid with four that is unbelievable. Hey Cheez is this realistic? I must be on fire!

16. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

you should turn it down :p

17. gowazzucougs

Well the game felt bad, since the scheduling committee couldn't count to 12

18. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I smell a payoff

19. gowazzucougs

Well Nebraska and LSU got a payoff too. Nebraska 4-8, LSU 5-7

20. Cheez

but they are football legacies. They bring fans. They draw ratings.

This is washington state. They do none of these things!

Payoff!!!

21. dakota7

Although, someone is bringing that damn flag to Gameday every week.

22. Cheez

Gameday is free. I've been there. They don't go to the game ;)

23. gowazzucougs

But we have a tradition other schools wish we had.

24. gowazzucougs

The flag is fed ex to where Gameday is every week.

25. dakota7

Just from alum to alum?