Will this work for me to record games? how do i do that?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by shadowofanubis66, Feb 26, 2010.

1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Will this work for me to record games? how do i do that?

I heard someone on here knows how to record a game from the pc and post it on the pc for people to watch here. I bought this today http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr950q.html can this do what i'm asking? Also... i connect my ps3 to my tv with hdmi.... am i screwed or will that still work? I'm very much out in the dark on this so if there are any guides or assistance people can give me i'd appreciate it. Thanks.

2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

shadow. u should get the hauppage hd/pvr. that will record in high def to ur cpu from your ps3. im not sure , but i think this can do the job for u in standard def only.

3. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

yeah i heard about that but dont want to spend more then i did, this was 80 bucks.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

HD PVR..........dont waste your money on anything else.

THe Black Magic intensity Pro I heard is good but you need a speedy PC.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

speaking of what is a good upload speed in Mbps?? Mind is not good enough to broadcast games and lags during games so I usually shut it down which sucks...

I used the speedtest.net for two tests (Owensboro, Ky used the Clarksville, Tn server) on my iphone and got a 4.05 & 4.93 Mbps download speed and then a 0.34 & 0.35 Mbps upload speed which probably sucks..

6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i would guess 1MBps or higher, but what do u have? my cable internet constantly speed tests upload at 4megs or higher.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yes that does suck i normally getting 20 download and 5 upload.

8. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

ehhh the hd pvr is too expensive, 200 bucks on amazon if i read correctly. I can use the current one i have but i need to find a place that sells a splitter so i can split the ps3's signal between my tv and the capture device

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I have time Warner cable Internet. Not sure if we have the turbo or not but by looks of it we don't and supposely when we signed up we were suppose to get close to the best with their deal or whatever

10. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

haha man you should get a cut of the profit from Happauge lol

You help sell more of these things all over the internet than they have haha