Win - Capbook idea

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Feb 16, 2011.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

hey man, I had an idea.

What if we made 2 capbooks. One for the league to access and update and one for the capbook committee to update, like is currently being done.

this way we aren't over working and messing up on math and its all the same style and look and feel.

This way its easier on the owners and easier on the capbook guys to find mistakes.

Also, the forum could be used just to put the moves. EX: Saints trade blah blah for Bucs blah blah, and I updated the capbook.

Then a capbook guy would check his book with the book the the I updated and confirm and post in the forum that its confirmed.

You could add a page with all the formulas incase someone deletes on.

thoughts?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Could we do one book with locked formulas where all guys do is updatetheir own team. Overalls, any player movement etc etc?

Something to that effect.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I don't think I can lock access to fields. They would have full access to edit anything.

I personally don't dig it, as this would require all owners to have some basic knowledge of how to operate Excel. Let's be frank: I don't think all 32 owners in the OMFL can do Excel. It may be rude, but I think it's true.

If you guys want to try it, though, I can make a copy after the season starts and get email addresses from everyone so I can give them access. Then the capbook guys would have their own book.

4. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I think if all the guys knew how to run excel they woud already have their own copy to then cut and paste when needed, no? I know a couple guys do but to get all 32 to do that...

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ok. fair enough. I guess I didnt get why they needed to know excel if its just plug in numbers, but you guys no more about this than I do. Chomp it up to a bag suggestion.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Wasn't a bad suggestion. If it were simple as plug and play, I'd be all for it. But it does involve some manipulation of formulas and if you don't know what you are doing (and don't know how to undo what you've done wrong), it can get screwed up quickly. Then we'd have to manage two cap books.

If I (or someone who was good with Excel) could get on Google Docs with everyone on at the same time, you can chat on google docs. So you could, in theory, do a class on it with everyone able to watch in real time.