Winvus released sanders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, May 3, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Winvus released sanders

WTH! guys i have a serious issue with this. this cat was the rookie of the year last year and win is as stable as water. We just let him cut a stud. thats NOT good.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Win cut Devontae?!!?

[​IMG]

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Hmmmm. As AFC Prez let me talk to him and figure this out, if that's OK with you guys.

4. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I am glad that someone brought this up. That really kind of pissed me off that he did that. There is NO reason to gut the offensive ROY that would only count 4 or 6 pts on the cap. Even if he doen't NEED him, there would be no reason that I can think of for not keeping him as a #3 back in case of injury.

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Ghaaaaaaaaaa, now the niners get him. I play him in week 1 too. This is going to raise his cheese level even higher now. This should be a fun game. Damn it.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

This is a double standard.

If Winuvas would have wanted to trade Sanders, the committee would have treated him like the Overall he is not like the AFC MVP. If we are going to restrict owners on cutting players because their in game performance then we need to adjust this for trades also.

If he is reprimanded for releasing him then he should be allowed to get way above his overall value in a trade. The system we have in place now doesnt allow for that.

7. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I am not saying that he should be reprimanded. I am just saying it was a weird release and I don't see the logic behind it. I am more upset that the niners will cheese with him now than I am about Win releasing him.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I believe his catch rating is near zero and isnt his INJ way high??

9. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Well that makes me feel better. You make good points jeremy. Maybe it is just that time of the month for me. lol

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

This release presents a topic that I would like to bring up.

I am currently working an on excel macro which calculates player salary according to inputs. These inputs are variables which can be easily input but it will take some work. Here are some of the variables:

1. Position
    2. Age
    3. Overall rating
    4. contract Length
    5. Top 5 in League
    6. Top 5 at position
    7. Top 10 League
    8. Top 10 position
    9. OROY, DROY, AMVP, DMVP, SBMVP
    10. Potential

* Here is an example of a macro me and drifter were collaborating about for the Show.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av0gjPBNrTM_dHhTWDhac2VhaUZ0LS1hVXI0SzdBM0E&hl=en#gid=0

** These facotrs/variables will determine a players worth/salary depending on the calculations of this variable. This can be used as "starting salary." So for example although Devontae is a 69 ovr player his salary would be in the 10's area after all factors were weighted.

Let me know what you guys think. Now of course if Madden 2011 if there is a contract and salary system within the game that would be the best scenario.