Wireless?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by DigginGraves, Dec 15, 2009.

1. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Wireless?

Hey boys, I'm back after a hellish week of moving, fixing, building, etc. The new house finally has been set up and I got online last night. The problem is I had to buy a Wireless thing for now until I can get the room wired for direct connection to the router...

Will this cause an issue for gaming? I haven't used the Wireless adapter at all before with the xbox.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Shouldnt be a problem as long as you have a STRONG single at the box. I use when I game in the living room and have had no problems. In fact I played 3-5 forza races last night with 6 racers and I was hosting.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

do you need an adapter or anything like that for a wireless connection or is the 360 already configured for that"?

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    the Xbox requires a wireless dongle ($50-$80) to access a wireless network.

To be honest, Diggin. I would just go buy a 100 ft ethernet cable and run it when you want to play. Then when you get ready to wire the house with cat5 (although if you should just spend the extra $ and wire cat6, or at least cat5e, just so that you are covered for the next 20 years), you can just drop the cable you are using through the walls.

As opposed to paying for a wireless dongle and not using it once you hardwire anyway.

Another option (although I don't have any first-person experience) is to buy a wireless repeater to connect to your router. Then you can hardwire to the repeater from the xbox. It's supposed to be a reliable connection and I've heard it's better than the microsoft wireless dongles. Plus, you can get a n-repeater for a wireless-n network if you choose to go that route.

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Wireless works fine, I have used it since day 1 on the xbox and never really had any issues.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    IMO, from a computer geek, hardwire...

My connection speed is 4x as fast directly wired to the router as opposed to the wireless dongle.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Not to mention you have greater bandwidth allowances if your router misses a beat.

8. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Thanks boys... I foolishly already purchased the Wireless thingy, it was too expensive!! $100!!! Now that IS Canadian so about the same price hah... its tough trying to hard wire our Igloos up here in the great white north....

... It seems to work fine. I'm excited to jump online tonight and play a game!!