wisconsin 28 - nebraska 25

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 24, 2011.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I must admit, I feel kinda dirty walking away with this win.

Nebraska got the ball first and about 5 plays into the game, their best player qb Taylor martinez would leave with a game ending injury. The huskers still managed to march down the field and punch it in for a 7-0 lead but martinez getting hurt would ultimately be their downfall.

Freshman qb brion carnes would enter and he was prob not ready for the moment. A 76 ovr most likely seeing his first field action on the road at camp randall, not exactly what mo was planning on I'm sure. He still ripped thru our team for nearly 350 yds, but 2 int and a fumble proved to be the turning point in the game. And you could see, mo was making the right reads he just was not accurate on every throw, nothing to be blamed other than a green qb with squiggle lines.

That being said, mo still owned me. His offense still moved up and down the field at will, but 3 drives ended in turnovers and the fumble we returned for a TD. He outgained me 451 to 306 yds, and even that is misleading as 75 of our yards came on 1 play. A quick comeback to nick Toon who broke a tackle and outran everyone. Not exactly a lot of skill on my part.

We were up 28-17 with under 2 mins to play and pinned Nebraska inside the 5 with a punt. But mo wouldn't fucking die. 2 passes later, 83 yd TD pass to kenny ball followed by a 2 pt conversion and were only up 3 and I'm figuring out if I break my controller do I have another one to finish the game with.

Luckily we recovered the inside kick, the controllers life was spared, and we ran out the clock for the win...albeit very undeserving.

Truth be told. I am not good at this game. And mo is VERY good, so I will take any win over him however I get it. But he completely outplayed me in every facet and only an unlucky break made this a wisconin close win over a Nebraska blowout. Gg bro.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah Carnes was not ready for prime-time...martinez got hurt on something that looked so innocent but he left the game with a PCL Sprain.

The one play that really changed the tide was I saw my TE Kyler Reed have inside position. I threw a seed in there and surprisingly Carnes threw it on the mark. Reed caught it, took two steps, looked to hit the endzone but his guy ripped the ball out of his hands and his other guy recovered in the endzone for a touchback...the animation was crazy but at that point I didn't give a shit about animation lol.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

nice write up....good game

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Good game boys. Juggie on track for his usual "stellar 1 season and retire" routine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

naaa i lost to oregon st already....and if you're gonna insult me, atleast get the facts right. i win in season 2 (ohio st and miami)...then i quit. not season 1...sheesh!

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Man, you make it sound like I'm not good (which I'm not that good, but at least play along and give me SOME credit! lol).

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

lol naaa man, didnt mean it that way. back to back years, i won the national title/went undefeated season 2 of our dynasty.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Stop trolling for compliments and post a game recap already. :D

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Haha. You mean the OSU-ASU game? Just did.