Wisconsin Badgers (JMS) scouting report

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    POST EM UP

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

JMS is an opportunist. He's not great at any one thing, but he will exploit what you give him.

On offense, he is a run first coach early in the game. Will try to establish it early and often. Like to run to weak side of a twins WR set. If your in man and the corner is not on that side of the field, he will run a sweep or stretch that way. He will also setup PA off this play and try to single up his RB down the field against a LB in man coverage.

He's either afraid of using his WR Lewis or he doesn't know how to get him involved other that running streaks. This guy could be so much more effective if he ran a variety of routes... but as it is, you need to put a CB on him and give him safety help over the top. Sometimes that's not even going to work as the guy is hard to stop once JMS takes over control while the ball is in the air. Unless you have great secondary players or can manually knock down all comers, it's hard to stop Lewis on the streak. JMS is patient in the pocket for the most part, especially if you give him time. You can fluster and sack him if you run some zone blitz packages. He struggled a bit and threw an INT when i ran some exotic stuff.

JMS is not what i call a stick skill player. He will beat you with mismatches and play calling. He's good with his WR's but on defense i didn't feel like i had to watch out for who he was controlling like i do against other elite players. He struggles to get stops on defense it seems. I feel like you can get him on his heels and dictate what he does, not vice versa. If you stay balanced you can get big plays.

Overall it will not be an easy day for your defense... but you can get stops. JMS will not stop fighting though, he will deploy the 2 minute offense with deadly precision so you can't take any lead for granted. If he could pull his defense together, he would be a real threat in the Big 10 this season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I like that you posted this the day after I played him...punk.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

what conference are you in??? [​IMG]

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Haha, oh I am well aware of that.