Wisconsin Badgers Preview

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Glen Cieske, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

After a season which saw the Wisconsin Badgers win their third straight Big Ten title, lose their third straight Rose Bowl game, lose their Head Coach Brett Beilema to the Arkansas Razorbacks and see the graduation of one of the most prolific scoring college football players of all-time. There are plenty of questions surrounding the Badgers this season.

In steps Coach Cieske, tasked with bringing the Badgers into the National Championship picture. Coach Cieske is known for his balanced attack on Offense. Rumors suggest that Coach Cieske will be implementing a West Coast style attack one that uses a two running back system and can throw and run from under center and in the shotgun. Wisconsinites will be familiar with what they see on Saturdays, Coach Cieske's offense is similar to that of Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy.

On defense Coach Cieske will be running a 3-4 base, Coach has always found a coordinator that is not afraid to blitz on any down, expect the same with whoever comes on his staff.

Key Players entering the 2013/14 season:

QB: Joel Stave RS SO
    There isn't much standing in Joel's way of starting this upcoming season. Stave became the starter after Maryland transfer Danny O'Brien failed miserably. Stave's time as the go to guy was short lived as a broken collar bone left him on the sidelines until the Rose Bowl (in which he only had one pass attempt which hit his WR in the hands, in the endzone, but he dropped it.) Stave's combination of size, arm strength, accuracy and pocket poise make him the perfect candidate for Coach Cieske's West Coast Offense.

RB: James White SR; Melvin Gordon RS SO
    Both White and Gordon took back seats to Monte Ball the previous two years, but now with Ball gone to the NFL the Badgers will turn to White who looks to receive the lions share of the carries. Both backs have game breaker speed but Gordon has more power between the tackles then White. It will be interesting to see how Coach Cieske can get the ball in these two backs hands.

WR: Abbrederis SR
    Jared Abbrederis is easily the most proven WR on the Badgers roster and he will have to shoulder the load as their is limited depth behind him.

TE: Jacob Pederson SR
    The underrated senior, Pederson, will be one of Stave's favorite targets early with the lack of talent at the WR positions.

LB: Chris Borland SR
    Chris will be the captain of the defense as he was last season, the powerful and quick LB will look to make a lot of plays in the middle of the defense with the switch to a 3-4

LB: Vince Biegel RS SO
    Vince has all of the tools to become one of the best edge rushing LBs in CFB. His length at 6'3" and natural ability to keep linemen flat footed will be his best assets as he lines up at OLB this year.

*Biegel transferred on me in last years game after I red-shirted him.....I was pissed

Key Incoming JC players:
    CB: Tekeim Reynard
    S: Donnell Vercher

Both players could see time immediately in the secondary due to lack of recruiting by Bielema and lack of experience from players already on the roster.

Key incoming Freshman:
    4* RB Corey Clement
    The 5'11 200lbs RB has the skill set to be a punishing back in Wisconsin's future. He will have to wait his turn as the RBs ahead of him are talented as well.

3* CB Sojourn Shelton
    Sojo could see some playing time on opening day. His coverage instincts are off the charts.

4*WR Rob Wheelwright
    Will be a key target in Coach Cieske's offense after his redshirt year. Has the speed, elusiveness and hands to be one of the best in the B1G.

3* WR Jazz Peavy
    With natural speed and play making ability Peavy with be an excellent slot option in Madison.

3* TE TJ Watt
    Brother of former Badger JJ Watt and current Badger Derek Watt, TJ is also an athletic freak, TJ played quarterback his senior year of high school but will be playing tight end in Madison.

2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Good stuff, Glen. Glad to have you back for this launch, our rivalry was one of the highlights of '13 for me

• Like Like x 1
  3. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Just learned one of my key JUCO guys (Vercher) got denied admission into Madison. My secondary is going to suck right off the bat.

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Thats a shame :sneaky:

5. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Looks like I will have to play Minn, Penn st AND tOSU in the opening year.