Wisconsin Spring Game Recap

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Glen Cieske, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Badger fans raise concern after spring game

Coach Bielema found himself on the hot seat at his press conference after the Badgers annual Cardinal vs White Spring game held at Camp Randall late Saturday afternoon. This was after the Badgers 1st team offense was missing a familiar face under center. Junior Corey Mann who the bucky faithful expected to carry the Badgers to back to back B1G titles was not under center. As a Sophmore Corey Mann threw for 2850 Yards and ran for 523 Yards while scoring 25 TDs, the sky was the limit for this young man.

Instead the Badgers trotted out Redshirt Freshman Eddie Murphy Jr. the 6'1" 211 Lbs ATH out of Bexley, OH. Murphy comes in sporting all of the measurables, 4.44 40 Yd dash, 335 Squat, 285 bench. Scouts have given his Arm Strength a rating of 91 on a scale of 100, one of his best attributes as a freshman is his Elusiveness which is rated at an 85.

As the media grilled Bielema about his decision, knowing with the change at quarterback Wisconsin would be shying away from the ground n pound rushing attack which has been successful for them the last 6 years in Chompions League Coach Bielema had this to say " Last year, we proved to everyone how successful having a dual threat quarterback was to our running game. Corey [Mann] did an excellent job leading this team, his legs paved the way for us to have one of out most successful seasons on the ground [2100 Yds Team rushing]. I as well as the rest of our staff knew the minute Eddie stepped onto the practice field we had something special, only time will tell if we were right but Eddie has our full backing and we expect him to have a spectacular season. We also expect another stellar season out of Junior Running Back Micah Smith.

ON WISCONSIN

• Like Like x 2
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Wow this is a big change coming in Madison, especially after Mann led the Badgers to their first Big Ten title in CL

3. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Yeah I'm putting all my eggs in one basket with this kid. I'm hoping to put up some johnny Manziel type numbers with this kid.