Wish List - 2013

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK guys, let's talk.

We've had some guys leave us lately, so rather than plugging holes and patching things together, I thought I'd ask you guys what you want.

Many of you have been around from the start, or very nearly so, so I thought that, before I go recruiting, I should let you guys make or remake this league however you want, or at least have a say in how we move forward.

Let's consider this an open discussion. Feel free to discuss rules, sliders, possible team movement, etc. If we find that there are some things that guys want, and the group is OK with, we'll do those things. Once the league is as close to ideal as we can make it, we'll fill in the gaps. Until then, we'll consider the gaps to be opportunities for change and movement.

Here's my list:
    1. I want to open up the spread run game a bit.
    2. As far as teams go, the only other team I'd want is Ohio State. That's the only squad I'd trade my Irish for. I miss'em.
    3. Maybe - one less user game a season, but that's just to speed things up. Big user games are great.
    4. Maybe - a fourth conference, and a three teams per conference setup (kind of a way to accomplish #3)
    5. I want to tighten up the CPU passing defense.
    6. A play-in game for new guys.
    That's all I can think of at the moment. Feel free to throw out some ideas.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Also, there was a mention of an off-season via Skype. What would you guys think of this?

3. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

I like your points however reducing the User Games IMO is a bit silly. Unless of course we tighten up the CPU sliders to be harder. Its rather easy to win vs the CPU and it wouldnt surprise me if we have like the top 10 teams in the nation in a couple years, however user games are harder and IMO make it more interesting and ranking probably more spread out ... however I do get your point in speeding things up.

What do you mean by that? What would we do? lol.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is the goal. I just don't want to mess with much in season. We'll be tightening things up in a few weeks, and the result should be a tougher CPU.

5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I've been thinking about the possibility of upping our recruiting difficulty to Heisman. I've heard from a friend/strong user that it really helps even the playing field. Figured I'd at least bounce it off you guys ...

6. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

You basically shoot the shit while doing the off-season. You can talk a little junk, make mention of some of the recruits you're battling over, and discuss scheduling options. It's a great way to get to know the people in your league a lot better. When I first heard about doing this ... I didn't dig it. But now, it's hard for me to do it any other way. Doing the off-season over Skype makes it 10X more enjoyable.

7. thatguy188

You know what I'd be saying ... Clemson is going down this year guy. haha.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'd be fine with this. I think we'd be able to get rid of all restrictions if we did this, don't you think?

I'm all for eliminating rules and such, when it's appropriate.

9. Goose

Goose Walk On

Arch, I'd be willing to move after the season so you can have the Buckeyes back. Maybe Nebraska if we open up the Big XII maybe a straight up trade for the Golden Domers. I'll have to look at rosters, but I'd move for ya.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

My Irish are pretty stacked. Next year isn't their best, but in two years, they should be top notch across the board. The recruiting class isn't that big, but it's really good at the top, and position by position, they're set up for several years to come. If I get the QB I expect to this week, and a FB or a TE I can convert to FB, I'm in good shape for three seasons. I even have backups at both kicker spots.

Man for man, I think the Bucks are stronger at the start of next year, but it's close. Anyway, if we swapped, I don't think one guy gets the better end of it. ND is a monster in recruiting, and has a sweet pipeline into Cali that goes pretty much unchallenged by the rest of the league. They're a fun team to play.

I'll even give you my avatar :)

No pressure, though. I love the Domers. If I stayed with them until the next release, that'd be fine with me.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK, here's my argument for adding a fourth conference:

If we add the Big 12, and can populate it with three teams, we get:
    1. A better shot at a user-user title game (which we haven't had, and desperately need) and another championship game, which means more guys are playing for titles, and more guys are winning them, which means more guys have success and have more to play for.
    2. Some of the schools are in pretty good shape, and wouldn't be a step back for members.
    3. More variety in scheduling.
    What we have to achieve to do it, if we choose:
    1. We must have a realistic and competitive CPU. This will take some work.
    2. Guys willing to move, and perhaps others willing to fill gaps in any conferences where we run short.
    Anyway, I thought I'd throw it out there.

12. bdub

bdub Walk On

I would consider moving to the Big 12, if we have some other guys who want to move over with me. If we do I want Texas ;)

13. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I would consider moving to Oklahoma. I am pretty excited about the Tide though.

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

I could move to Nebraska if needed.

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I bet easy would get you a team change in SE if you wanted. Playing the same team in multiple leagues can be a pain.

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

But Nebraska, OU, and Texas would fill the B12, and it would do so nicely.

I'm not asking anyone to commit to anything yet, but rather list what they would or may want to do, just to see if it all fits together. So far, it looks like it does, but we're not writing with ink just yet.

17. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

That can be done easily.

18. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am going to officially take LSU after the conclusion of this season. I want to finish what I started at PSU and move over....Maybe even for the bowl game. But I am staying for the regular season for sure.

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

So let's just say these moves happen. We'd have:

3 Big Ten (OSU, Iowa, & Michigan)
    3 Big 12 (Texas, OU, & Nebraska)
    3 ACC (FSU, GT, Clemson)
    3 SEC (LSU, Tennessee, & an open spot)

That works. And there's still some wiggle room. We could do a number of things with that open spot. Someone could move into the SEC, or to ND, or we could recruit that spot and give it to a new guy.

We got options.

Keep in mind, though, I'm still not committing anyone to anything. This is all just sketched out in pencil.

20. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Put me down in pen....make that a purple pen!

21. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That much we can do, even if we don't add a conference. With ND and Michigan in the picture right now, moving a team out of the Big Ten makes sense.

22. thatguy188

Archie, I thought about it some more and I'd love to move to the SEC next season and take South Carolina ;) Would that be possible?

I am, afterall, a big Carolina fan ... switching to em and trying to make them succeed ought to be fun.

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's something we can look into. There may possibly be another ACC move in the works as well. Once we get everyone's best case scenario out there, we'll start working them all together.

24. thatguy188

Sweet. Let me know if its possible and Ill make the jump ... quick like, like Harbaugh left Stanford ... that quick. lol.

25. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I will stick with GT....