With all the inj. Does that change your Fantasy Football Strat?

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by kevinmack, Aug 13, 2013.

1. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

there has been a rash of inj. lots of ACLs (NFL to look into that) With a limited amount of RB1's Main RBs.

Is the best stratgey still RB-RB then get a no. 1 WR maybe a QB in the 5th / 6th round.

Seems like a lot of great QB talent. Brees / Rodgers / Manning / Brady / Kaep / R. Wilson / Cam / Dirty Sanchez / Weed / Flacco / Matty Ice / Cutler... Yes the top dawgs will get 100-150 more over the season. Based on 16 weeks that is only 6-9 points a week.

Where a Main RB gives you 20-30 in PPR. RBBC gives you 10-15?

i have the 3rd pick with a Keeper of Foster as my 1st rounder... so when it comes back to the 21st pick. Do i snag Frank Gore / D Murray / Bush / Lamar Miller / LeVon Bell that is about the range of players that will be left... Or jump to WR AJ Green guys. WRs are usually loaded to.

One great site i use is http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/depthchart.php

Any other great links out there?

2. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Did you seriously group Sanchez with the word great lmao, Sorry TJ

• Like Like x 4
  3. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

it was Dirty Sanchez :) meaning you get points if you play against him!! ha ha

• Like Like x 1
  4. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

I would take the hamster with the 3rd pick, or even jamal charles barring he is healthy

5. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

Mine is a Keeper LG.... so i can keep Foster with the 3rd ovr pick or i can keep RGIII at a 7th round cost. RGIII i can get in the 6th 7th 8th round. So i have to give up my first to lock in Foster... Muscle Ham is already being kept.

here is the breakdown of the keepers.

1st round
    3rd pick Foster
    7th Calvin
    10th Ray Rice

2nd round
    1st pick Lynch
    2nd McCoy
    5th AP
    11th Maybe McFadden
    12th Trent RICH

3rd round
    6th CJ Spiller

9th Doug My Favorite Martin

8th Round
    8th pick Ridley
    9th Alfred Morris

So best RBs left if i keep or dont keep Foster would be

Jamaal Charles
    Forte
    SJax
    CJ2k
    Reggie Ate off Oliver Bush
    MJD
    Sproles
    Gore
    D-Murray
    D Wilson
    Lamar Miller
    Montee Ball
    LeVeon Bell
    etc etc....

So im forced to keeping Foster at the 3rd. If i let him go, he goes #1 Charles goes 2. and i get Forte or SJax or Cj2k... i think i would rather have Foster...

Now 16 picks later for my 2nd round (b/c of keepers) I will have to grab Gore/Sproles/ MJD/ Murray someone in that class or WR/ Or Top QB. Im thinking Rodgers might go 1st ovr in my draft since dude is a Damn CHEESEHEAD and he has Trent with his 2nd round pick... i also have the 19th pick. So still a chance to nab one of the few Tier 1 QBs or WRs

Then i have to wait till the 37th pick. (45th actual / 37th b/c of keepers)

Waiting till the end of the 4th to grab a 2nd HB would make things thin...

But.... My LG is a Flex Format LG. You can start 1 HB 4 WR / 2 HB 2 TE 1 WR / 3 HBs (two have to be on the same team) 2 WR / 2 HB 3 TE / 2HB 3 WR... / 2 HB 1 TE 2 WR...

Lots of Options as you dont have to play 2 HBs, you dont have to use a TE. We let you be the coach and put in just about any NFL line up.

I guess is any tier 2 HBs good to grab end of 2nd start or 3rd or wait till later... What good Sleepers are out there? LeVon Bell?

6. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I'm in a keeper league also and will enter my draft with the following roster:
    QB C. Kapearnik
    RB T. Richardson and CJ Spiller
    WR D. Bryant and R. Cobb

I have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd but no picks in rounds 4 thru 8. Picking 3rd overall in Round 1 but near the bottom in the other rounds. If R. Rice is there in the 1st, I'm grabbing him. If not, maybe Chris Johnson. If I can land a 3rd quality RB, I'll be VERY happy. Then go WR in the 2nd and probably TE in the 3rd. But I'm in a position to go for the BPA...