With the 1st Pick of the HK 2017 Draft, the 49ers select. . .

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by SteamboatReb, Apr 11, 2012.

1. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

FS Cameron Hayes or FS Brendan Gillespie

We did not have any pre-draft content as is the norm, so I am taking an informal poll. Which one of these guys do you like best and why?

Who is your Top 5 in this draft?

I think I am leaning towards Gillespie for the 1st pick. But rest assured, one of these guys is going No. 1.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Really a safety with the first pick? Im not too sure about that one. Is that the only position of need for you? Im going to look at the prospects later today

3. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Trying to walk that narrow line between "value" and "need." My pass defense was horrendous last season, and the top two FS look like prime time, contribute now players. If I don't get either Polamalu or Kareem Jackson back fro RFA, or neither for that matter, I could change my mind. Same with Timmons. I think that I could trade down a few spots and get one of the MLBs. Tavaris Hopkins (LOLB) looks like a stud as well. I could draft him and bookend him with Aldon Smith or play Smith at DE (He is a 98 RE, but prolly more a 4-3 end...but I do think he could get it done in the 3-4 as well with his size, power and finesse moves and block shed).

Who would you take at #1?

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Out of those two safeties...

Cameron Hayes

5. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

i might get me one of those safetys or a wr or a dt and switch to 4-3 d or cb , i do need new fs since mine is leaving me thou fa .

• Like Like x 1