Wizards-Pacers (CPU trade)

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by ryalaman, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Wizards send:
    SF/PF Rashard Lewis 74 Ovr, 32 years old, no potential, 2 years $45.94 mil
    2013 1st round pick

Pacers send:
    SF James Posey 67 ovr, 34 years old, no potential, 1 year $6.93 mil

Pacers are 8-2 with plenty of cap space, so they're willing to take on a bad contract to make a push this year. The Wizards also throw in a future 1st round pick to help lessen the blow from taking on that bad deal. Since the Pacers have Danny Granger at the 3, they make the deal to play Lewis as a face up 4 where he represents an upgrade over the crappy Tobacco Road pair of Hansbrah and McBob. Posey is (at this point in his career) a scrub who doesn't get meaningful minutes and he probably won't in Washington either.

Dru50
    Bondzai007

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'll think about this one, but my gut reaction is no. A 1st round pick in 2013 from a team that is looking like a playoff contender so they can take the worst contract in pro basketball doesn't seem right to me. Especially when you consider that Lewis plays the same position as Granger and Paul George.

I'm curious to hear what Bonds thoughts are.

3. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

They offered it to me, so I assume they plan to play Lewis at the 4 rather than the 3. He is 6'10 after all.

4. Dru50

CPU offered trades are just as bad sometimes as user proposed ones.

I've had the CPU offer me Derrick Rose for Chris Kaman and my 1st round pick, that wouldn't fly either, just for reference sake. Just because a trade is offered by the CPU doesn't mean it's more likely to be approved. The CPU trade logic in 2k is better than in other games (like madden), but the CPU still has it's share of brain farts in trading.

5. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I mean, I realize that the CPU logic isn't always great, I just don't think that Lewis has to be looked at as a 3. I play him at the 4 a decent amount, and I assume that would be the Pacers plan too.

Idk, I don't think its unreasonable. If they don't end up as good as they expect this year, then next year they just have an extra 1st round pick and a mega-expiring deal which would be really valuable on the trade market.

6. Dru50

If Indiana wants to play a smaller guy at the 4, they already have that guy in Granger. In my loss to the pacers they played a lineup of George at 3 and Granger at 4 for about 8-10 minutes.

Plus, if they take this deal they essentially are losing almost every upcoming FA they have since they'll be over the cap between lewis' deal, grandees deal and the deal they just signed George Hill to.

Like I said, I want to get Bonds take, but if I were controlling IND there is no way I'd accept that deal.

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I don't have a problem with Rashard playing the 4 because that's what he did in Orlando.

The problem is don't both sides salaries have to be within 10% of each other or something like that?

8. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Not if both sides end up under the cap.

9. Dru50

I don't care about Lewis at the 4 either, but I think ryalaman is reading into the trade a bit with that assumption. I'd be willing to bet that IND plays him at 3 behind granger/George. The CPU tends to play guys at their default positions.

My issue is with guys wanting to dump their shitty contracts on CPU teams without giving the CPU something worth it.

Bond-can you jump on skype tonight so we can chat about this?

10. Bondzai

I'll try...I just flew in so the woman is gonna want some quality time. I'll hop on my phone at some point.

11. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

FWIW, I have no idea where he played, but I made the trade in an offline association just to test it and he got 28.5 min a game. It was with 12 min quarters, so I think thats about 25 min a game with 10 min quarters.

12. Dru50

Where Lewis might play on IND is irrelevant to me in considering this trade.

13. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I assumed the point of the committee was to evaluate whether the trade makes sense for the CPU. The fact that he gets major minutes this year and is a huge trade chip next year should be relevant. But whatever, I guess I rescind the offer since apparently the only assets I have are considered to be worthless by the committee.

14. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

i'm not on the trade committee, but if this deal goes through then I have some contracts I want to get rid of as well...I'm just saying.

15. Dru50

You are 100% correct, the 'committee' of myself and Bond are here to ensure that trades with the CPU make sense for the CPU team.

And the trade you proposed makes no sense at all to Bondzai007 and I. The fact that the CPU would play Lewis is irrelevant, what is relevant is that there is no way a sane person makes a deal to pick up an old jumpshooter who is getting paid $22 MILLION A YEAR. We all know that if the role was reversed and you were IND and the CPU or another user offered this deal to you you wouldn't take it. Nobody would. That contract is an albatross, not a 'trade chip' (next year may be a different story), and we aren't going to allow guys to saddle the CPU with their shitty contracts without giving them extra value to make up for it. You have trade chips on your roster, such as Nick Young or Javale McGee, if you dont like the guys you are trying to dump on the cpu, why would someone else think they are 'trade chips' as opposed to 'throw ins'? If you want to dump lewis' contract you are going to have to either include additional young players with value in the deal and/or take back some bad contracts in return.

Some of you guys need to stop acting like this is a conspiracy against you, it's not. Your trades aren't being approved because they are too one sided in your favor. Take a look at the recent trade proposal between CLE and DET - that is a great example of a trade that makes sense for both parties involved. Propose deals like that and they'll be approved.

In fact, based upon this deal and a few others that got proposed and thrown out yesterday, we will soon be implementing a rule not allowing trades to be performed unless the contract totals for both teams in the deal are within 20-25% of each other.

16. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Why are Nick Young or McGee so much more valuable than a lottery pick? If a lottery pick has no value, then they don't either because they're actually about to be really expensive. And this type of trade does happen in the NBA (ZBo says hai). But whatever, I'm done here, its obvious that I'm not gonna win.

17. Dru50

Isn't your record over .500? I highly doubt the pick you are offering will be in the lottery.

And 'z-Bo says hi,? WTF do you mean with that? When Zach Randolph was last traded he was a 28 year old coming off a season where he averaged 21 pts and nearly 10 boards a game, and he went to an awful Memphis team that got him for next to nothing. How does that compare to you wanting to saddle an up and coming pacers team with a guy who is nearly 31 and averaged 10 points last year, and who has a worse contract?

Here is a comparison that is more valid - what did ORL have to take back to get rid of Lewis and his contract? Answer - Gilbert Arenas and his equally bad contract.

But I agree, I'm done with this conversation as well. If you don't like how we are running this league you know where the door is.

18. Bondzai

Ok I'm back...just wanted to throw out there that I do agree with what Dru50 has been saying in the conversation. It's going to be tough to get rid of Rashard and his contract. Trust me, I know. I'm in the same boat with Gilbert. Just about the only way I could get rid of Gilbert is to trade him for Rashard. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.