Wizards trade

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by ryalaman, Oct 19, 2011.

1. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Wizards trade:
    Maurice Evans SF/SG 70 OVR (1 yr, 1.4 mil)
    Josh Howard SF/SG 69 OVR (1 yr, 1.4 mil)

Utah Jazz trade:
    CJ Miles SF/SG 68 OVR (1 yr, 3.7 mil)
    1st round pick 2012

Jazz are in dire need of extra help on the wing for their playoff push this year. They only have 4 players at SG/SF and Mo Evans and Josh Howard would instantly step in and be the 2nd and 3rd best players there on the Jazz. Miles is also unlikely to resign with the Jazz, so he is not really a long term asset for them. The real piece coming back is the 1st rounder which will likely be in the high teens.

Dru50 Bondzai007 JFace907

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

ehhhhhhhh......

Not sure you are giving enough to get the Jazz' 1st round pick, but let me think about it. The Jazz also, for references sake, play Milsap at SF occassionally, so it's not like they don't have anyone there. I'm on the fence....

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I guess if we knew the Jazz'a pick would be at the bottom of the first I'd be ok, but first round picks in the NBA are worth a lot.

4. Dru50

That was my thinking as well. It would be one thing if you were looking at trading the jazz a wing player rated in the 70's who is under some sort of long term deal. In this case, the jazz are paying a 1st round pick to rent 2 players for this year instead of keeping Miles for the rest of the year. I just don't think I see how the deal is balanced...

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

This trade would be great pre National Anthem Josh Howard. Unfortunately Josh Howard is now a bum and Mo Evans has always been a journeyman in the NBA. A first round pick would never go for that.

6. Dru50

Sounds like we are in agreement-this trade is not approved.

ryalaman - you either need to add a player worth utahs 1st round pick or do the trade to include a 2nd rounder, which I think we'd all be ok with.

7. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Fair enough... I just assumed the Jazz pick would be fairly low because a bunch of the good teams ahead of them are now users who'll probably struggle.