wk 1: Chargers (38) @ Oakland (34)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by maij17, Oct 12, 2009.

1. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

wk 1: Chargers (38) @ Oakland (34)

The 1st half was a slugfest between both teams as both defenses showed up, after a chargers score, the raiders score 17 unanswered with the help of an Asomugha pick six, in the redzone to go into the half up 17-7.

The second half was a different story as both offenses came alive, the chargers and raiders swap scores in the third qtr, with the chargers cutting the raiders lead to 24-20, when the raiders end the third qtr by challeging the chargers front seven's manhood in a drive that did not see a ball thrown by JaMarcus Russell, capped off by a 2-yard run by Darren Mcfadden.

Down 31-20, Phillip Rivers leads his teammates down the field and finds Vincent Jackson wide open on a post route for a 28 yard score,bringing the deficit down 31-26, as the ensuing XP was blocked by Kirk Morrison.
    The next raider drive, the chargers force a 3rd and long and Russell is picked off by dime db Sean Castille who takes it to the house and gives the chargers the lead for the first time since 7-0 in the first qtr, 32-30 with 4:30 remaining.

A time chewing drive comes to a stall for the raiders and they are forced to to kick a FG,and take the lead 34-32. Determine not to lose to the hated rival, Coach Maij dials up a screen pass to LT, who gets striped by Richard Seymour after gaining the first down for the chargers.

With the game looking all but over, the chargers forced the raiders into another 3rd and long. Russell's pass sails high and is picked off by Antonio Cromartie which brings new life for the chargers. With another screen pass to LT, the chargers find themselves in the redzone and in control of the clock, the drive ends with a Darren Sproles 7 yard TD run the gives the chargers the lead 38-34, with 46 seconds remaining, the raiders next drive consist of 4 incomplete passes which leads to a turnover on downs, Rivers takes the knee to escape Oakland with a victory.

Oakland
    J. Russell 6-21 169yds 1td 3int
    D. McFadden 14car 72yds 1td, 3rec 14 yds
    Heyward-Bey 2rec 99yds 1td

San Diego
    P. Rivers 20-29 360yds 2td 2int
    L. Tomlinson 14car 89yds 1td, 6rec 165yds 1td
    V. Jackson 3rec 60yds 1td

Sorry no highlights, as I was saving some, my son ejected the disc from the PS3:(

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

WoW, now that's a way to start out a season

3. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Yes, it was very good game...as you can tell..the Bolts controlled the game...more plays ran, way more yards gained...I was only in the game due to my defense. The 2nd half really hurt, Tomlinson killed me on a few of his runs, and a few screens and the Chargers D was relentless...i dont know how many 3 an outs I had cause Russell couldnt get the ball out in time...I had wide open receivers too...but Russell as a slow ass delivery...lol.

GG Maij17

4. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Good game, maybe Castillo was a difference your D-line chargers? How did Nelson fair? And J-Marc's passing stats were realistic.

5. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

i will be hurting without castillo on that drive in the third i could do nothing to stop d-mac, but i user my fs most which is why i wanted nelson.

6. gatornation0620

gatornation0620 Will the Bucs go 0-16?

a much better game than the dolphins getting their arse's whipped by the falcons.

Looking forward to playing you guys in a future battle