Wk 1: Rams 40 Cardinals 17

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Wk 1: Rams 40 Cardinals 17

Rams 40 Cards 17

The St. Louis Rams opened the season with a big win over division rival Arizona. New head coach Cimmy24 was pleased with a majority of the performance, "We played inspired today. This team came out firing on all cylinders and we got the job done with little mistakes."

The Rams defense forced 5 total turnovers, 4 interceptions and a fumble, as well as forced a safety in the 3rd quarter after a precision punt by punter Donnie Jones. The offense was led by HB Steven Jackson who managed 190 yards and 3 touchdowns on the ground. HB Joseph Addai made a statement to this organization that he belongs with a solid 69 yard day with 1 rushing touchdown as well. WR Donnie Avery showed off his speed on a 38 yard pass from QB Marc Bulger. It was an up and down day for the Rams Rookies as well. On the defense, MLB Alonzi Simms played a great game managing 4 tackls and the sack that resulted in a safety. HB DJ Claytor however debuted with 1 rush, which he would fall to injury on his first rush of his NFL Career. Not season ending, but definitely something for this organization to keep an eye on. GG RCF.

Game Stats:

Stat Rams Cards
    Score 40 17
    Tot Off 345 322
    Rushing 253 40
    Passing 92 282
    1st Dwns 18 11
    Trnovrs 1(+4) 5(-4)
    3rd Dwns 7 of 9 1 of 3

Rams Individual Leaders-Offense
    QB M. Bulger: 4 for 12 92 YDs 1 TD 1 INT
    HB S. Jackson: 31 Atts 190 Yds 3 TDs
    HB J. Addai: 8 Atts 65 Yds 1 TD
    WR D. Avery: 2 Recs 69 Yds 1 TD

Rams Individual Leaders-Defense
    MLB J. Laurinaitis: 2 Tkls 3 Asts 2 INTs
    SS J. Butler: 1 Tkl 1 Ast 1 INT
    CB D. Townsend: 1 Tkl 1 Ast 1 INT
    MLB A. Simms: 4 Tkls 2 Tfls 1 SK 1 Safety

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

cool stat thingy, let me get that

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I got the idea from Emmdotfrisk...its not that hard to do..just takes a bit to understand

4. RCF33

RCF33 Walk On

The Cards were Pleased with some of the offense but were very displeased with the Defensive line play . Matt leinart made his 1st start and threw for 287yds but threw 4 picks , eventhough he had a nice start to the season . The defense was rung through the ringer by S.Jackson . GG Crim and look forward to the rematch

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]
    GREAT SUCCESS!

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

HA very nice, how much?

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Good win C. I've been stalkin your every move since you took over lol. Feel like a dad that just watched his son score a game winning TD. Keep up the good job.

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Haha, I figured you probably would. Don't worry bout missing out on the DT like you said in the draft thread...Alonzi Simms had a great game including the safety. With you picking up Leonard Little and moving LB Session to DE, I got Chris long making havoc in the middle of the DLine right now, but I will be looking to make a move. The podcast of the season preview by W and D has us at a distant 3rd in the West...yeah...might wanna rethink that ;)

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Your making great moves. I was going to chase Gocong too but was going offer the same pick DURING the draft, lol. If you finish 3rd in the West that means the West will have 3 playoff teams. I honestly believe stick skills alone may have you in the hunt for the division crown because the schedule isn't that tough(no disrespect to any team on it).

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Well I am here to compete and play great sim football. We'll see if my success in the NCAA side carries over here to Madden. Madden is such a different game then NCAA. I gave up a big TD against Arizona cause I went for a pick, but completely misjudged it...haha, but we'll work it out. Right now I am focusing on getting this team to 53 players, and 53 players that can be involved with the program, not just fillers to make the cut. I am hoping to surprise alot of people with this team.