Wk 10: "A Cut Above" Offensive Positional Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, Jun 14, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Apr 14, 2010
    Wk 10: "A Cut Above" Offensive Positional Rankings

Newest installment.....

1) Philip Rivers, SD (26 TDs, 8 INT, 2,423 Pass Yds) – Rivers is looking like a very strong candidate for League MVP with his statline. If he continues to play well, the Chargers may sneak into the playoffs as a wildcard. They aren't catching the Raiders the way they are playing.

2) Kurt Warner, OAK (22 TDs, 10 INT, 2,224 Pass Yds) – Warner looks to be the Warner of old. He is powering the league best offense to a 7-1 record and is eying a first round bye for his Raiders. They need to keep it up though, the Colts and Jags are right on their tails.

3) Drew Brees, JAX (18 TDs, 4 INTs, 1970 Pass Yds) – The Jags have faltered in recent weeks, but it hasn't been because of the play by Drew Brees. With a TD:INT ratio over 4:1, Brees has been the most efficient passer in the league. Taking care of the ball will win you game in the OMFL.

4) Jack English, NO (19 TDs, 8 INTs, 2,461 PassYds) – English started hot out of the gates, but has only passed for 8 TDs and 6 INTs since week 5. He still is powering his 7-1 Saints to a NFC leading 33.5 PPG.

5) Tom Brady, NE (19 TDs, 13 INTs, 2,211 Pass Yds) – Tom Terrific has the Pats at a perfect 8-0, reminiscent of the 2007 season where they flirted with perfection. Can they finish the season out perfect, or will they choke it away again? Brady will need to keep his INTs down and take better care of the ball if they want a chance at immortality.

On the cusp:
    Matt Stafford, DET

1) Adrian Peterson, MINN (1,389 Rush yds, 11 Rush TDs) – So teams still haven't taken the wise advise to stack the box against Minnesota to stop AD. Their best bet would be to let McNabb heave it down the field, because Peterson isn't stopping for anyone.

2) Bjorn Mason, ARI (960 Rush Yds, 11 Rush TDs) – Coming out of nowhere, Mason has taken league by storm and has put up numbers that would be leading the league if there wasn't a man named Peterson. Mason is a huge reason for the Cardinals success.

3) Michael Turner, ATL (858 Rush Yds, 11 Rush TDs) – Turner hasn't slowed down but his team sure has, dropping 5 straight. The Falcons are in a serious funk, and Turner will have to be the guy to get them out of it.

4) Reggie Bush, PHI (919 Rush Yds, 9 Rush TDs) – Vishal has Bush running as if there were a naked Kim Kardashian in the endzone. Get your stopclocks out.

5) Tank Lockwood, KC (727 Rush Yds, 11 Rush TDs) – He drives like a tank, but definitely has the torque to pick up and zoom past defenders. Tank is carrying the Chiefs offense since Josh Freeman surely isn't.

On the cusp: Steven Jackson, STL

Wide Receivers:

1) Devery Henderson, NO (61 Rec, 1,014 Yds, 8 TDs) – Devery is lighting it up in every receiving statistic. Just imagine what his statline will look like when the season ends.

2) Steve Smith, JAX (34 Rec, 981 Yds, 11 TDs) – If you know what is good for you, double team Steve Smith. Don't let him touch the ball. He scores 33% of the time he does. Lethal!

3) Calvin Johnson, DET (50 Rec, 1,016Yds, 8 TDs) – Calvin Johnson took his foot off the gas pedal for the time being, but he still has his team atop the NFC North.

4) Randy Moss, NE (26 Rec, 608 Yds, 7 TDs) – Brady's favorite target is putting up solid numbers in Foxboro, but more importantly his team is still undefeated.

5) Jamarion Bellows, KC (49 Rec, 917 Yds, 5 TDs) – Bellows is a beast, moreso the previous Chief Dwayne Bowe. Too bad he has Josh Freeman throwing him the ball, or he could be the best WR in the league.

On the cusp: Dion Grimes, CHI

Tight Ends

1) Antonio Gates SD (40 Rec, 717 yds, 6 TDs) – Again. Rivers to Gates. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's like clockwork, so don't bother trying to stop it.

2) Kellen Winslow, ARZ (26 Rec, 374 yds, 6 TDs) – Leading receiver on a run-first team. Winslow is having a solid season so far and has a knack for finding the endzone.

3) Owen Daniels, SD (20 Rec, 353 Yds, 4 TDs) – It always helps to have Philip Rivers as your QB and with Gates lined up opposite to him, Daniels isn't going to get too much attention.

4) Dustin Keller, NYJ (29 Rec, 465 Yds, 2 TDs) – Sanchez must love a TE that can outrun every linebacker in the NFL. Keller has wheels on top of wheels. He's going to get open.

5) Ryen Garoppolo, ATL (33 Rec, 403 Yds, 2 TDs) – Who? Yes, Ryen Garoppolo has quietly been having a solid season. If he keeps on doing well, he will start to draw attention away from the Falcons receivers.

On the cusp: Shawn Nelson, BUF

Overall Offense

1) Oakland Raiders (40.8 PPG) – Don't look now, but the Raiders are 7-1 and hot as hell right now.

2) Jacksonville Jaguars (37.8 PPG) – Jacksonville may not be the highest scoring offense, but they are the most efficient hardly turning the ball over.

3) Indianapolis Colts(34.0 PPG) – Giovanni Girley is back from breaking his ribs...again. He can really stretch the field, which will open up the field for Rookie QB Spencer McAllister.

Tomorrow: "A Cut Above" Defensive Elite Position Rankings.....
  2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Man i love this read.

I don't think there's any doubt about who the 1st half MVP is. That'll be coming in my quick podcast segment later tonight :)
  3. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

May 7, 2010
    Expect Megatron to shoot up the rankings in the near future, with no other receiving options available anymore in Detroit, he's going to see a lot of balls thrown his way.
  4. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Sep 24, 2009
    SPENCER McCallister!!! ill take that as bulletin board material

nah its all good, nice write up... wish i had a guy or two up there! I used to be a stat whore, now im just clawing to win.
  5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Apr 14, 2010
    Yea I meant to change that last night. It slipped my mind. I guess he's not important enough to remember. :HoosierHoo:
  6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Feb 11, 2009
    My TE might make this list next week, had a great game vs the Browns.

That will be my first and only player on this list unless Edwards can find a way to get the ball outside more.

Great read thanks for taking the time.
  7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Apr 14, 2010
    I did mention Shawn Nelson as on the cusp. I agree though, Nelson is a great weapon with his speed. And yes, Edwards sucks when it comes to getting the ball deep our outside the hashes.

Thanks for the compliment.
  8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009
    No respect for TE Ingram!
  9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Apr 14, 2010
    did I miss him again?

What's his statline? I can't imagine that I missed him if he was deserving so help a brother out. If I missed him, I definitely will adjust my rankings accordingly.