WK 13 #7 Oregon @ #3 UCLA

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, May 20, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

WK 13 #7 Oregon @ #3 UCLA

Im guessing at the rankins cause we have not advanced yet. This is sure to be a great game as long as Gore doesn't throw into the "light" the flashing circle around MO's FS/SS.

Sigh....Bruins fans are left wondering what if?. Stud HB Emmanuel Nicholas was limited to 3 carries for 61 yards and a TD against Texas. The following game against Penn St. Nicholas was sidelined after 8 carries for 43 and a TD. Both injuries came in the 1st quarter. After the Penn St. game Nicholas did not see action again till wk 10. Finally healthy enough to be on the field but still wearing the red jersy in practice (still nursing broken ribs and still listed probable on the injury report as of wk 12). Nicholas has been on fire the last 3 games.

WK 10 10 carries 111 yds
    WK 11 13 carries 152 yds
    WK 12 22 carries 188 yds

He was on pace to quietly break McGuffie's all time career rushing record. This guy has never been in Heisman contention. Either way he has been UCLA's work horse and worthy of the Tradition Hall of Fame.

I guess there really is no what if cause Oregon is on the schedule anyway and its a must win for both teams.

Another guy to watch is Cory "Boston Clam" Crowder QB from Oregon who is closing in on 17,000 yds passing for his career. He will for sure end up as the greatest passer in Tradition history! The record is 17,072. He already holds the career TD throwing mark. So, he doesn't need anymore good for me.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

There are three quarterbacks in the history of the tradition that really stand out... in terms of pure production while remaining efficient, and all three having won titles

Crowder
    Horn
    Robinson

Crowder will own all the top marks thanks to a full-tilt passing offense, Robinson still has a shot at two titles which would somewhat set him apart. Horn is right there with the other two.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Cory crowder is the best QB I've ever played with. Despite being only 6'0"
    and a pudgy 242 lbs, he has some of the best accuracy I've played with.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

2 time 1st Team AA QB and Davy O'Brian winner Todd Butler is offended by this thread....

maybe he never won a title but ill put his stats up against any other QB

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

Forcier would like to get a mention. But its laid out, what makes these guys a cut above is TITLES.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Titles and lack of turnovers. Crowder has more INT than Horn/Robinson, but he threw the ball a helluva lot more too (y)

If Crowder had a Big Ten defense then he would have won three titles by now, but instead he has to be sucked back into the conversation with Horn and Robinson...

Ryno... You gotta understand... Slighting you is the only way I can seem to get you interested enough to reply, so don't expect it to stop anytime soon. :D

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

sum ma bitch