Wk 13: Raiders 22 Steelers 19

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by savaunte, Dec 23, 2009.

1. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Aug 29, 2009
    Wk 13: Raiders 22 Steelers 19

Raiders travel to BLITZburg to take on ZF10 and his 8-3 Steelers.

Steelers waste no time, picking off a Russell pass on the 2nd play from scrimmage. Raiders D would hold, and force the Steelers to take the FG. Raiders would get things going in the 2nd quarter. McFadden would take a dump off pass 35 yards for the first TD of the game and a Raider lead. Raiders would add another TD on a QB sneak from the 1 yard line. Steelers would strike before half, when fast Willie Parker bolted for a 41 yard pass that was similiar to McFaddens earlier in the game.

Secoond half was all about the D, as the Steelers would pretty much control the clock and shut the Raiders offense down. Steelers QB Roethlisberger would score from 1 yard out to make it a 19-14 game. Steelers would fail at the 2-point conversion. Raiders would get the ball with about 3 minutes left. I might of gotten 1 first down, but then the Steelers destroyed me, making it 4th and forever. Coach decided to let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning and kick it, pretty much conceding the game to the Steelers. Steelers would come out running, gaining 5-6 yards on 1st down, the Raiders let the clock tick. Instead of taking a knee and getting out with the "W" coach ZF10 decided to keep running the ball, well the Raiders D forced a fumble and low and behold we recovered it as well. Russell quickly got us down to the 4 yard line and on 3rd and goal, Russell hit McFadden for the go-ahead TD. Raiders would convert their 2-point try to take a 3-point lead with 20 some odd seconds left. Steelers hail mary came up empty and the Raiders would get out of Pittsburgh with the "W"....no way i should of won this game.....(n)

GG ZF GL in playoffs
  2. zf10

zf10 Walk On

Oct 11, 2009
    yea. gg 2 u 2 bro... i was thinkin bout downin it but with a minute left and u had 3 timeouts so i felt i needed 2 get a 1st down otherwise u could have called timeout and had time on the clock... but since i did that willie fumbled at a crucial time and u came away with the W... sometimes the ball bounces my way sometimes it doesnt... either way well played game