Wk. 14 - Saints 17 vs Rams 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 24, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS BEARLY BEAT RAMS 17-14 - SEASON ON LIFE SUPPORT
    New Orleans, LA- Savage Mason Reporting

A long time. That's what it's been since the last Saints win. 1-7 in their last 8 games. Injuries and a flawed game has made the Saints season a mess. In come the mighty rams and Bruce, all ready to put a foot on the Saints neck and end their misery.

Saints get the ball and start off right by quickly throwing a pick on an out route. Rams quickly turn that into points as Bradford finds Johnson for a 7 yard td pass.

Both teams actually just quit after that for the first half. Both teams traded punts and turnovers back and forth, neither were able to do much.

2nd half would see more of the same, ugly offense and great defense. Saints would finally get on the board with a 32 yard screen pass to Bush. Saints used a few screens today to keep the blitzes off a little bit. Bush seems to be the only weapon that the Saints have left to ride out for the rest of the season.

Harley would make the score 10-7 with less than 2 mins to go in the 3rd quarter with a 19 yard fg.

Saints would take the lead 17-7 with a 6 yard Bush td run. Bush had a decent day, but honestly neither O did much today.

Rams would battle back and score on a 16 yard td pass to Gilyard from Bradford. Bradford is a player and will be a nice cornerstone for the Rams for years to come.

Stats on the game:
    [​IMG]

Good game Bruce. Not sure what your message was, but I hope all is cool. GL in the playoffs.

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS DEFENSE

Saints held a very good rams team to 14 points. Finally got a few players back healthy and got some pressure on Bradford. Not much else to be excited about for the Saints this year.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Just very frustrated with the game in general, if I throw a bad pass it's an automatic pick, the teams we play not so much. Playing with the Rams is hard enough, when you couple that with strange plays and bounces....the game just get tiresome.

Jackson was ok on O but was bottled up most of the day, Curtis Painter hitting on 13 of 18 is just not very good D.

Chris Long made two huge plays causing fumbles with sacks and we cant fall on the dang ball.

We are on a tear of bad play and just mistakes in general, the players on this team arent good enough to overcome mistakes.

GG Nate.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Believe me when I say I completely understand your pain, Bruce.

4. natedawg212000

I agree. I hate AM but if we go AP the game plays better, is funner, but scores are in the 100's. It's a catch 22 either way.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I had that kind of moment earlier today playing a goof off game against Jeremy. Every time I threw a pass into any amount of coverage (even if the player had space), it was intercepted. I don't mind losing with a bad team, as at least I have a good excuse. But when I make some good decisions and the game cheats me, that is ridiculous. A few throws, in fairness, were bad ones, and I don't mind bad throws. But when I make a solid throw against single coverage that in the real NFL would make it through coverage, and the CPU defender just eats it for lunch, that is unrealistic.

I was using the Steelers by the way, against the Eagles.

6. natedawg212000

Ya. AM is just not fun.

7. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Im terrified to throw a curl. Every time ive thrown one, no matter the skill level, I have thrown a pick. THat pass is suppose to be a "safe" pass.

8. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Hey Nate, how did you get the page from MaddenCentral to show up with the formatting? I couldnt do it so I just copied and pasted. Did you save those stat pages as a jpeg?

9. natedawg212000

Not sure what you mean on the first part, but the second part yes. A jpeg and uploaded to photobucket.

10. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

If you have Windows 7, there is a program called "Snipping Tool" that you can basically grab a screenshot and turn it into a JPG. Makes it really easy!

11. natedawg212000

Ya with bada said. I have a mac so its even easier :)

12. BadaBing319

I was wondering if you had a Mac - your screenshots look different than mine...

13. natedawg212000

really? i didn't realize a difference. hum..

14. BadaBing319

Just different font I think...