Wk 14: Texans(17) @ Bengals (20)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, Jul 1, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Wk 14: Texans(17) @ Bengals (20)

Man, props to Dunn (HurricaneWarning) for playing a tough game, but finally I was able to pull out a close one after losing quite a few close games this season. This one was a defensive game that ended up being decided by costly turnovers and a few clutch plays. Here is the recap....

1st Quarter
    - The Bengals would drive down the field to FG range. OchoCinco had a chance at a deep pass down the sideline, but it was broken up. Shane Graham kicks in 3.

2nd Quarter - The Texans dominated the 2nd quarter, getting on the board by passing downfield to Braylon Edwards and Andre Johnson. They capped off an impressive drive with a 1 yard Vonta Leach dive up the gut for a TD. Texans 7-0.

They would later add another 3 via FG after a Carson Palmer INT. At halftime it was 10-3 Texans, with the ball coming back to them.

3rd Quarter
    - The Texans quickly moved down the field and scored within minutes to put them up 17-3, and in position to play to the clock if they could contain the Bengals offense. However at the end of the 3rd, the Bengals drove down the field and threw a nice 30 yard pass to OchoCinco to put the Bengals inside the 5, which would eventually turn into a Bernard Scott 1 yard TD run.

4th Quarter - with 4:00 to go in the 4th, a 3rd and 1 pitch to Felix Jones went all wrong, as he was stripped and the fumble was recovered with Chinedum Ndukwe and returned for the TD to tie the game at 17-17. On the next Texans possession, Rey Maualuga picked off a 3rd and 2 pass from Schaub and put the Bengals in position to score fast. However the Texans were stingy, and the Bengals punted instead of kicking a 54 yard FG. On the next possession for the Texans, Onaje Asante picked off a pass intended for Edwards within the 2 minute mark to put the Bengals inside the redzone. After 2 rushing 1st downs, the Texans were out of timeouts and the Bengals were at the 1 yard line. Instead of pounding the ball in, the Bengals kneeled the remaining minute down to :03.

Shane Graham kicked the GW FG to win 20-17.

Great game Dunn. After kicking me around in week 6 with the Bills, I got a much needed win. You deserve all the props for giving me a great game. It was hard fought and you definitely deserved the win...

30 Pass to OchoCinco to set up the score to make it 17-10.
    [youtube]rKfFH0sJ4RA[/youtube]

Felix Jones stripped, recovered by Ndukwe and returned for six. 17-17...
    [youtube]KjtLi5x1IpM[/youtube]

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Maualuga pick with the game tied. Bengals ended up punting instead of kicking the 54 yard FG.
    [youtube]Ch-vMR3HAw0[/youtube]

Asante pick with 2 minutes left...
    [youtube]f2Pm-qSjD-g[/youtube]