Wk 16: Eagles (22) @ Redskins (30)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, Jul 9, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Wk 16: Eagles (22) @ Redskins (30)

Filling in for the injured Jeremy, with a swollen vagina...

Game recap to follow later.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

lol...Not nice.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Wow this is HUGE. Unbelievable result with Jeremy being subbed for. If he manages to come back some somehow make the playoffs, then win the whole thing again we'd have one HELL of a story....

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Oops!

Yea, you didn't think I thought of that? If I lose, Jeremy is out of the playoffs, MY FAULT. If I win and Jeremy 3-peats, everyone hates me and I'm run out of the league, MY FAULT.

Meh, oh well...

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Facing the mighty Eagles and their amazing owner Vishal, the skins (Sub or not) had their hands full if they wanted to stay in contention for the playoffs.

The game started out slow, with 2 stalling drives from 2 very potent offenses, but the Skins got on the board first with a strip fumble of Reggie Bush, which was picked up by Sean Ellis as he took it back to the house...not before running over Petyon Manning en route to the endzone.

[YOUTUBE]HUsn7cxj6cM[/YOUTUBE]

Following another fumbles by the Eagles, the Skins were able to catch the Eagles top rated pass defense off guard, as Campbell hit Santana Moss on a fly route that ended up going for 71 yards and another TD to stun the Eagles and go up by the score of 14-0.

[YOUTUBE]U79GKZPfhg0[/YOUTUBE]

After yet another fumble for a turnover, the Eagles were able to hold the Skins to a FG in the Redzone to limit the damage and keep the game manageable at 17-0. The next drive, the Eagles were able to get on the board by capping off a long drive with a 5 yard TD pass to Reggie Bush in the flat. 17-7. The Skins would counter with a FG of their own to make it 20-7.

Following Halftime, the Skins weren't able to get the ball in the endzone so they had to kick the ball back to the Eagles. However, the defense came up huge once again forcing another turnover, this time via the INT off Peyton Manning, as Hall jumped in front of a post route, and danced his way between defenders and found the endzone again for 6.

[YOUTUBE]rJ4dWOK5tnE[/YOUTUBE]

Up 27-7, the Skins started to play conservatively, hoping to not give up the big play. Vishal slowly but methodically took apart the Skins defense as they clawed their way back to 30-22 with just a few minutes remaining. The Skins tried their best to run the clock out, but a 4th and 1 opportunity at the Eagles 45 was too much of a risk to attempt. After a poor punt, the Eagles started to push their way down the field until another Reggie Bush fumble recovered by the Skins sealed their fate.

Overall, a great game, and I have a ton of respect for Vishal who clearly is a great player. I knew he wouldn't just fall over when he was down late in the game, he made it very interesting and really made me sweat when clearly most other players would have been done for. The guy is just too good to count out. Great game Vishal, next time will likely be much different if you don't fumble 4 times. The breaks just didn't go your way..

Best of luck in the playoffs.