Wk 17. Falcons @ Panthers (34 - 41)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Claven, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Wk 17. Falcons @ Panthers (34 - 41)

Panthers ended their disaster of a season on a high note, beating divison rival Atlanta Falcons.

Game started off with Panthers going down the field and putting up 7 in a hurry.
    Falcons repsonded with a drive of thier own only to be stopped 5 consecutive plays from the 2 and 1 yard line. At the end of 1 Panther led (7 to 3)

2nd Quarter: The Falcons stall the Panthers and R.Lloyd hits a 55 yard FG. Falcons follow that up with a nice long drive setting up a 11 yard TD pass to R.White. Falcons get the ball back and coach SHuffman calls a great screen pass and catches the Panthers Defensive totally off guard and M.Turner turns in a 52 yard scamper. At the Half Falcons lead (17 - 10)

3rd Quarter: In the third Panthers add a 25 yard FG followed by a 28 yard TD from Rookie QB J.Scott to Rookie WR. D.Crosby follwing a Falcons fumble. On the Falcons next drive they return the favor driving down the field when Matt Ryan hooks up with Roddy White for the 2nd time for a 36 yard TD. 3rd Quarter ends with the Falcons ahead (24 - 20)

4th Quarter: Panthers score in the first minute of the 4th on a screen pass to D.Williams who finds paydirt after 26 yards. But the Falcons come back to reclaim the lead on long drive before M.Turner punches it in from 3 yards out. Now it's the Panthers turn and they strike quickly when Jake Scott hits TE. G Barnidge over the middle and by some miracle he is able to out run the Falcons nickle or dime back for a 60 yard TD with just over 2 minutes remaining. Falcons again go right back to marching down the field thanks to Tony Gonzalez making up great catches in coverage. The Panthers were able to stop the Falcons on 3rd down and force the FG which Falcons kicker J. Elam hit from 45 yards out to tie the game with .15 seconds left. Panthers get the ball back after the kickoff and with only .12 seconds left. Panthers coach Claven decides to just run the clock out and play some Sudden Death ball. So with the first play from scrimmage Jake Scott hands the ball off to D.Williams. http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19173782
    Check out the link above to see what incurred.

Great Game by SHuffman. He's a great addition to this league. A very sim player. Good luck on the playoffs Huff.

2. shuffman25

shuffman25 Walk On

Thanks man i wanna hire your track coach. How the slowest TE ever outs run a DB and Williams out runs Hill who is a 97-98 speed lol. Was a great game and thanks for the compliment. Nice Run D forced me to work on my passing game i was happy how that turned out as Ryan had 300 yards and 3 tds with 1 int. Sorry i couldnt help your draft status. I have alot of respect you come out playing instead of throwing the game for a higher draft spot shows alot of character