Wk 2: Rams @ Giants

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Cimmy24, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Jul 6, 2009

Jacobs, Giants Outlast Rams

East Rutherford, NJ - The Giants were looking for answers after their week 1 loss to rival Washington, and with their Head Coach back on the sidelines, the moral was back in Big Blue. New York started off well, holding St. Louis to a 3 and out. The Giants offense methodically moved the ball down the field on the legs of Jacobs and Bradshaw. In the end, Jacobs cut his way through the middle of the Rams defense on his way to a 9 yard TD run. Unfortunately for New York, they would miss the XP and only hold a 6 point lead. Both teams would trade possession back and forth, with little offensive production for either team, until later in the 2nd quarter when Sam Bradford found his WR Avery from 14 yards out for the go ahead score. The Rams would take their 1 point lead into the half. Again, for a majority of the 2nd half, the teams would trade possessions and neither offense could close out. In the 4th, New York managed a drive as Eli Manning found his rhythm again and Brandon Jacobs would again punch in a TD, this time from 3 yards out, giving NY the 12-7 lead. After converting the 2 point conversion, New York went up 14-7 and would hold out from there, getting their first win of the season and welcoming their fans to new Metlife Stadium.​

Player of the Game: HB B. Jacobs - 15 Atts 87 YDs 2 TDs​

Other Notables:​

HB A. Bradshaw - 14 Atts 48 YDs​
    QB E. Manning - 10 of 19 191 YDs 1 INT​
    WR H. Nicks - 3 Recs 73 YDs​

Interceptions - K. Phillips (1), T. Thomas (1)​
    Sacks - J. Pierre-Paul (1)​

2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Sep 22, 2010
    Steve Spagnuolo reacts to team's 2nd defeat in a row to start the season​

*An obviously agitated Spags lashes out at the team's inability to put up first W of the season*​

"Would I have liked to go back to New York and faced those Giants with my new team? Abso-fuckin-lutely!!! But I had confidence that with the plan in place that the assistant coach along with the other personnel could get it wrong. Then I watch the game tape and see that the middle of our defense was wide-the fuck-open on almost every play, leading to the ground game of the Giants having much success. I should have known that Josh McDaniels would fail me in the first two weeks, but now I am back BITCHES and all the teams left on the Rams schedule better know that I'm coming for their heads. As soon as I meet up with my team back in St Louis you KNOW, in the words of Biggie Smalls, that imma kick in the door wavin the four-four, cuz this is unacceptable for a team that wants to go places"​

-Spags awaits his fine from the league office soon.​
    • Like Like x 2