wk 2 simmed all games but mich vs bama and LSU

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

wk 2 simmed all games but mich vs bama and LSU

The possible reasons this happens:

The commish advances from the play week screen instead of the dynasty HQ screen.

The commish saves the dynasty file and it is corrupt / didnt register the games at advance.

the commish should not advance from the play week screen

easy fix: if the commish saves the dynasty file for week 2 and did not save the advanced week file, he could try to convert his saved file to an offline dynasty. if the save has the correct game results, he retires the old dynasty and starts a new dynasty by converting that offline dynasty to an online one. If he does not have the saved file or he overwrote it when he advanced we need to do the next thing posted below.

Fixes: someone that saves the dynasty file who logged in after all or most games were played before the advance, creates a new dynasty, by converting online dynasty to offline dynsty. Important that they do not save the new advance. You can log in, but dont overwrite the last weeks saved dynasty file.

then they start a new dynasty by converting offline dynasty to an online dynasty and invite the commish only.
    The commish joins the dynasty and he saves the new dynasty file and he starts a new dynasty by converting to offline dynasty then back to online and invites everyone back.

In case you got lost, i could start an offline dynasty from hoodlum10's dynasty, if i had saved the dynasty file. Once i start an offline dynasty i could take that dynasty and convert to an online dynasty and commish the exact same dynasty we are playing under hoodlum10. If i invite hoodlum10 he could take that file and start his own dynasties off of my dynasty file and start another online dynasty.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Yeah lets do that Smace. Dont want to lose my victory. Thanks

3. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Man i hope we can get this sorted out alright. I'd hate to lose those results.

4. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I cant do it. I dont save the dynasty file because that file can causes more issues than the few seconds time it saves.
    I had 1 save from last season, I checked and the dynasty i created offline was last year week 2.

5. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

did i miss something here??

6. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I have the week 2 file saved, none of the games played of course, but yeah we could always go back to that and quickly redo some of those results. Seems like that'd be the only way to go right now unfortunately.

7. Iron Mickey

Someone had to have saved it with the results or most of them.

8. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

It'd probably take about a day to redo all the results, the losing teams could just be put on auto-pilot or something if necessary.

9. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

i am extremely busy 2day and wont be able to further investigate this til late 2nite. here is what i know.....i saved the week 2 file after playing my game with smace. after i advanced last night i saw that the OSU-GT game results were wrong, i was unaware anything happened to the Michigan-Alabama game. However, i have not yet saved the week 3 file however, so hopefully we can do the first option that smace listed above....and btw i advanced from the dynasty HQ screen so idk what caused it

10. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

if i were to attempt to do what you listed above smace, i will be calling you when i do so. i dont want to take any risks and possibly screw the whole damn thing up, i will need you to walk me thru it since you obviously know what to do.

11. T2

im soo confused... lol

12. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I can tell what happened is the advance came from the file Hoodlum10 saved right after the Bama game.
    Since the Bama vs mich game and the LSU game were played at that time, they registered, all other games got simmed.

one of the last guys to play could have saved the file so we dont have to redo as many if any games. Dont log into dynasty and save the file.

Everybody go to start an offline dynasty and select convert online dynasty and use the hoodlum 10 dynasty file. whoever has the closest to the end of week 2 we use that.
    i have done this already but since i never save the dynasty file. the dynasty i created was for wk 2 of last season (09)
    If we cant get to the end of the week. Hood just creates an offline dynasty from what he has got, when he selects create a dynasty it will give a choice, do you want to convert online dynasty to offline.
    it creates the dynasty from the saved dynasty file.

He retires the one we are in and he goes in to create an online dynasty. he will get a choice to convert an offline dynasty, which he will do and invite everybody back to the new version.

If someone besides Hood has the best dynasty, they convert it to offline dynasty and invite only hoodlum. He accepts invite logs in and saves the dynasty file. Now he can convert that dynasty file to offline, then he can start an online dynasty from that offline version and he invites everyone.

like i said there are a couple reasons it could happen.
    advance from play week screen or what happened here, the newest dynasty file was not used which the commish has no control of, and the advance came from the last saved file the commish has. The only way to avoid that is the commish saves a new dynasty file right before he advances.

13. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I know i have the beginning of week 2 so just putting that out there, hopefully someone has a save file thats closer to the end of week 2 though and steps forward.

14. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

im waaaaaay late on this one b/c of work, but i beat texas and wound up gettin the loss. i have NOT saved this dynasty at all so thats a no go for me. ill just wait for the powers that be to get this all sorted out. i would really like to get my texas win and not be 0-2 since it was a hard fought victory.

15. Iron Mickey

Same here for me as i have not saved any of the files recently. Hopefully one of our other guys will come through for us.

16. smace767

smace767 Walk On

This is an easy fix and happened in ncaa 09.

dudes can relax, its ok, chill out, take a deep breath. ahhh.

Best case is someone has the dynasty file at the end of the week.
    The worst case scenario is Hood has to load week 2 back to the point after the bama game.

If we have to go back to the end of the bama @ mich game, this is how we handled it last year and what i think we should do.

everybody but bama, mich, and lsu will have unplayed games. user teams that lost will be put on auto and all teams that have to replay get the right to the win.
    If you are losing in the 4th, restart until you have the victory you earned the first time. keep the score and margin of victory close to original. If you won by 3, do not win by more than 10. its risky to try to win by 3, secure the win and shut it down. no 300 yd rushers when you only had 50 the first game. ect...

The future fix is after you play ur game for the week, log in and save the dynasty file so you know you can have ur game count in case this happens again.

17. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Smace is great to have in a dynasty for many reasons... some notably being...

1) he's great when stuff like this happens because he knows what to do
    2) always quick to play a game and get his recruiting done
    3) good sport
    4) easy conference win (jk jk :D)

18. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

i fixed the dynasty by doing what smace did. only thing is i didnt have the saved file i thought i did, so we are now back at the beginning of week 2. the losers of user vs user games for week 2 will be put on autpilot. as for cpu games, im sorry but you will just have to re-play them. i want all of this done TODAY. you have to re-accept the invite to the dynasty. i will be advancing tonight at the latest, no exceptions. we need to get this thing back rollin.

19. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

nice job hoodlum

20. T2

dude its the holiday.. what is a couple hours difference if you wait til monday evening.. plus thats crap that if i have to take a loss vs cpu after a hard win vs uconn. i want to be able to see how far i can this mircle in nashville going.. so hood man can we just wait until monday.. ill be home @ 1 your time... it will take me 45mins to get it done.. if it wasnt the holiday i would definately agree with this demand to get going. idk what even happend with the od.. but we have a good group theylll be back so wait til monday and everything will get goin just fine.

21. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

T2,
    you have a good point. i only said that to try n get the activity level back up. i wont even be home tonight to advance it. tomorrow is fine, i just wanted people to realize that we weren't going to turn this into a lazy play once every 3 days type dynasty. i was just tryin to keep people on their toes. i have tried building programs up like you are right now and i know how much every game means...so you have until tomorrow. and as for what happened to the dynasty, there was an error when i advanced to week 3 and some of the scores didnt register correctly so we had to go back and re-play them.

22. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I dont know if you could do this or not as a commish but i noticed that g-unit lost against ohio state today in his replay after winning legitly his first time, can you wipe a game and let him play it over or is what happened final?

23. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I have got some place to be and i should have left 10 minutes ago.

Quick hits.

if you are about to lose a replay u won pause and quit the game so u can win and get credit. I know g-unit super cpu in full affect. i won with a great game score of 1350 do to super human plays on both sides of the ball for Mich, and my guys standing around watch plays. I had to user every play, and every tackle at least twice because the first tackle was broken.

But first my fault. Hoodlum needed to delete the old dynasty offline and the old save file or else u get duplicate scores and records. Shadow might remember a dynasty that was happening and we found it was because the commish was taking the dynasty offline. For some reason the commish games count twice when he has an offline dynasty the same as the online. I forgot about this until after my game i see the game doubled up and im 3-0 and mich is 1-2 , the first game and the cpu game counts and you can see them in the game summary.

hoodlum retire the dynasty, reload new dynasty, delete all the other files referring to this dynasty including saved data files with the dynasty name(saved data folder above the game icon on the ps3 system menu,
    delete the online and offline versions of all of it but the new dynasty itself.

shadow you create an offline dynasty like i posted and see what it has and where it is, and you invite hoodlum, so he can create a dynasty from ur file if need be, just in case we need a fresh file, because hoodlums file is corrupt / f-up.

24. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Well i just won a game today and saved that dynasty file so what i'll have is what it currently is at right now. Couldn't hoodlum just delete all files pertaining to this dynasty and just reload (i think they are saved on the ea servers if i recall) so he has just one fresh dynasty file? I'm confused.

25. smace767

smace767 Walk On

not now. once our game ended, and i reported the score it became part of the dynasty file, both scores, thats how it remembers the results. the record is permanant on that dynasty now. he can restart/ reload the dynasty and it will be ok.

when i reported the score at the end of the game, it pulled the game i played and the game that was still in the old file to the server for permanant record for the week. the next time he loads it and i play as long as all the other files are gone it only has one source to get and that will be the game i play vs cpu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.