Wk 2: Tamu @ sdsu

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by RynoAid, Feb 18, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Wk 2: Tamu @ sdsu

The Aggies rolled into Sunny San Diego to match up with, on paper, what appeared to be an evenly talented team in the SDSU Aztecs.

TAMU was excited to get a good look at Soph JUCO transfer David Nash who was highly recruited by both the Aggies and Penn State. The young, speedy HB got off to a great start in the 1st qtr, cutting and dashing for an 8 yard per carry average until tragedy struck. On his 8th carry of his Div I college career the kid blew out his knee... dislocated and he will miss at least 11 weeks according to early reports from the trainers.

Coach RynoAid stared down the bench at the lot of HB's on the roster and he made a tough decision. He decided to yank the redshirt off the true Freshman speedster Eugene 'the speed machine' Fields.

"I don't know why i did it, probably a kneejerk on my part but i just havn't seen what i want at HB out of my Juniors and Seniors going all the way back to spring practices... I was happy with David, but that was a bad knee injury and i knew as they helped him off the field. I just looked into the Freshman's eyes and all i could see was "put me in coach... put me in coach".. so i did."

And the fish fried the Aztec defense. With a combination of blazing speed and suprising toughness, he churned out 139 yards on just 16 carries.

The Aggies leaned on the running game and SOLID defense in the first half. But the injury bug would bite again as starting LOLB Stewart would blow out his ACL in the 2nd qtr dealing another tough blow in this young season.

"That one is gonna hurt, that kid was becoming the leader of our defense.. his speed and toughness is gonna be sorely missed." said coach RynoAid after the game.

But the defense rallied around each other and held the Aztec offense to 7 points going into the 3rd qtr. But they could not contain Marcus "Do it All" Hall forever. He took over the game offensively for SDSU.. ending up with 100 plus yards rushing and receiving, keeping the Aztecs in the game.

TAMU buried them in the 4th though, with a 75 yard punt return for TD and solid ball control led by Junior QB and BMOC Todd Butler.

"He wasn't as effecient in the passing game as we would like to see him, but he kept us in the game with his legs and his guts, that kid is tough"

14 carries for 76 yards and 2 TD passes was enough to push the Aggies out to a 35-14 victory over a game SDSU team.

TAMU will pack things up and head to Indiana to face national powerhouse Purdue and will be licking their wounds, trying to deal with some devastating week 1 injuries.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    tough injuries there ryno...at least you had an emergency *only break in case of fire* type guy haha...if he falls then watch out...Butler did enough to garner a win today I see...he'll need to be on his A game this time

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

..........................lololololol

i am speechless.

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

ugh...bad news. there is yet another glitch in the game, and this is a biggie. never happened in the league to date (atleast I don't think), but not good.

so if you RS a kid in the pre-season/start of season, as Ryno did...and then during a game, take the RS off him and put him in the game it apparently doesn't register. what's going to happen is this kid is going to progress like crazy this year (more so than a normal person) and then in the off-season, he will be a RS FR still, not losing a year of eligibilty.

we've had it happen in the side league we run and also in trolling the leagues forums on the mm site, i remember seeing it in another league. guy did this with like an 80ovr true freshman. by the end of the year, kid was a 99ovr rs freshman.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    hm, I pulled the redshirt off of my QB two seasons ago after my 1st and 2nd string were injured and it registered. How consistent is this glitch?

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

maybe cause you are the commish and the commish's team is all focked up? in the side league me, helli, jms, steel are in, 2 for 2 it happened that way. once early on, once last year. haven't seen it in this league yet. and the example with the 99ovr HB happened in the Legendary Vets 1 on the MM boards, posts are prob still up if you wanna check it out. maybe it's not 100%, just been unlucky in the instances i've seen.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

YEAAAHHH... a glitch that actually worked in my favor this time....

:partynanas:

Don't hate... just appreciate....

seriously though, i didn't know anything about this, i just felt the need to go to the speed guy when my guy went down.

Should we make a rule against this in the future? Once you redshirt a guy, that's it, no pulling the shirt during the season?

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

we could......I havent had this happen yet but if a situation comes up like this it is hard.

I red shirt guys saying, "well if my starter gets hurt I have to take the red shirt off".

Maybe you just cant doing during the game. Only taking redshirts off can only happen in the dynasty screen.

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i don't know the parameters of the glitch (if its in game or anytime taking rs off). and im sure you didnt do it knowing. i hadn't mentioned it cause it's never came up but me and helli saw it for sure last year with the guy who runs w/ boise st in the side league and it helped him win the NC. his freshman qb went up to like 96ovr and this year started as a 98ovr rs freshman

10. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

That's how progression should really work lol