Wk 3 - NY Jets (45) @ Miami Dolphins (28)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, Sep 4, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Wk 3 - NY Jets (45) @ Miami Dolphins (28)

Jets finally get into the win column. Recap to come later.

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Jets @ Dolphins Highlight Video

It was a game of two halves. The Dolphins got onto the board quick with a pass to Brandon Marshall who made a few players miss to get into the EZ for 6. Later in the 2nd quarter, the Jets would pitch the ball to Rookie Joe McKnight and he would get clobbered and fumbled the ball at his own 10, and Paul Soliai would pick it up and rumble into the endzone for 6. The Jets however would strike back with a 21 yard pass over the top to TE Dustin Keller to get the Jets within 6.

With time running out in the 1st half, on 4th and Goal from the 7, the Phins opted to go for it and ended up hitting Devone Bess in the flats for 6 to go up by 14 at half.

The Jets would soon get back into the game with a pair of Shonn Greene rumbles for 3 and 6 yard TDs to get the Jets even at 21-all. The Jets defense would get stingy in the 2nd half, forcing a few punts and fumbles to get the ball back. Nick Folk added a FG to get the Jets on top for the first time in the game, and Ladainian Tomlinson would add a 14 yard run to put the Jets up by 10. However the Phins would strike fast with a 54 yard pass to Greg Camarillo, but the Jets would deliver their own quick strike with a 66 yard BOMB to newly acquired "Megatron" Calvin Johnson. A pair of interceptions by Revis and Cromartie sandwiched a 15 yard Shonn Green TD run, his 3rd of the day.

Shonn Greene
    ended up with 142 yards, 3TDs as he constantly was being fed the rock against this injured defense. Sanchez threw for 2 TDs and 0 INTs and 217 yards as he managed the game efficiently.

Darrelle Revis
    and Antonio Cromartie each had a INT, and Vernon Gholston racked up 2 more sacks in this game as the Jets managed a 2nd half surge to avoid going to 0-3.

The Jets will face the Bills next week for throwback week.

3. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

good game scikotic, i did go for it on 4th and 1 twice inside the 5. It wasn't 4th and 7 for the record! its cuz i cant kick.

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

True, I didn't catch that. Yea I remember the one you didn't make, but I couldn't recall the second one you decided to go for. I thought you were gonna kick, I really couldnt remember how long it was.

My bad. Anyway, good game bud.