Wk 4: Dolphins (7) @ Bills (41)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, May 17, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Wk 4: Dolphins (7) @ Bills (41)

[​IMG]

Bills Break into Win Column in Fashion

After a porous 0-2 start the Bills decided to get their act together against the rival Miami Dolphins.

Quarterback Trent Edwards was held to a modest, but efficient statline, recording 2 TD's and passing for 158 yards, going 12 for 18. He also threw an ill advised interception to intended for Terrell Owens deep down the sideline, but instead ended up in Marlin Jackson's hands. Unfortunately for Jackson, he was injured on the play with a torn labrum, and had to leave the game. Jackson is expected to miss at least a few weeks before returning to play.

The ground game picked up slowly, with Marshawn Lynch picking up a 74 yards on 16 carries, and a lone touchdown which got the Bills on the board to a 7-0 lead. The Bills were set up in prime position when Keith Ellison picked up a Ronnie Brown fumble and returned it to the 1 yard line.

The defense was spectacular, holding the dolphins offense to 0 points and recording 4 Interceptions of Chad Henne. Terrance McGee particularly had an outstanding day, picking off Henne 3 of the 4 times, one he returned for a TD. Aaron Schobel recorded two sacks, and Paul Pozluszny recorded an the other INT and a forced fumble.

The Bills will visit the Jets next week at the New Meadowlands for another AFC East showdown, and a chance to pull back to .500 on the season as they push forward into a difficult stretch in their schedule.

2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

gg man. opening drive im moving down the field no problem and then*boom* fumble. u return to 1 yardline and have free td. we play until half shutting earchother down. and you finally scored before half 14-0. at this point im like lets go get that ball back (which we did) and score. pass on third down completed for a first down. oh wait another fumble in scoring position. i knew right then i was in trouble. good luck and i cant wait for the rematch.

3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Yea, the game really didn't reflect how close it was for a while. It started to unravel at the end when I got up by 3 scores. You had to get away from the run completely, and I started to gameplan for that. Those fumbles really hurt. I had my finger glued to the strip button all game:D

The rematch will be much closer, I can guarantee it. I must thank you though for allowing me to get in the win column, it was needed badly.

4. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Whenever you guys are ready we are still waiting.........

[​IMG]

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I give it a few more weeks until you start singing a different tune....

(y)