Wk 4 Game Summaries Here

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Wk 4 Game Summaries Here

Post week 4 here.

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Air Force vs San Diego State

If Air Force RB Savier Stephens wasn't on the Heisman watch before this weekend, he might be heading that way after Saturday Night's performance.

Air Force 42
    San Diego State 30

1st Quarter
    Air Force was at home vs San Diego State. Coming off the best start for Air Force in recent years, they were looking to take the momentum towards the end zone on the first drive. RB Stephens would carry the load for the Falcons as he help carry the ball down the field and into the end zone for the first score of the game. The Aztecs didn't come to Falcon Stadium to lose though, putting together a nice scoring drive lead by QB D.Westling, who would keep the Aztecs in the game. 7-3

2nd Quarter

Starting the second quarter, RB Stephens looked unstoppable, running through the Aztec defense at will. QB Jefferson also got into the mix, running in a 7 Yard score. The Aztecs didn't go away though, mixing up the pass and the run and putting 2 FG's on the board in the 2nd Quarter. 21-9

3rd Quarter

The Aztecs came out driving and QB Westling hooked up with WR Wesley for a 10 Yard score. Falcons came back poised with Stephens carrying the ball well. He ran a 23 Yard TD score to give the Falcons some breathing room. The Aztecs came right back and punched one in for a TD behind RB Henderson. 28-23

4th Quarter

Stephens shouldered the load again in the 4th quarter, running in 2 TD's. Aztecs tried to come back with a 74 yard strike of there own, but it was not enough. Air Force hangs on for the win, 42-30.

Air Force
    QB Jefferson 11/16 142 Yards 1TD / 4car 20 Yards 1TD
    RB Stephens 36car 254 Yards 4TD / 1rec 9 Yards 1TD
    TE Quintana 2rec 23 Yards
    WR Cousins 2rec 24 Yards

San Diego State
    QB Westling 23/28 350 Yards 2TD
    RB Henderson 10car 50 Yards 1TD
    WR Sampson 8rec 140 Yards
    WR Wesley 4rec 95 Yards 2TD

3. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Houston beats Texas Tech 24-22

i thought it woulda been an easy game i had a 14-0 lead but they came back,

i took the lead on a FG to make it 24-22.

4th qtr,
    i ran the ball so well they couldn't stop me on this one drive, then i decided to do play action and my qb gets intercepted. bad luck.

then they drove all the way down to my 30 and i thought to my self they can just get a little closer aand kick the FG and win it, i just said to my self i rather let them have a TD so i have some time to work with, so i went out all out blitz i was able to hit the QB when he was on the throw and i came up with the weak throw interception and to seal the game, my RB gets first down after first.

GG

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Navy 27 WKU 14

Not much to say here. WKU was dominated most of game by a better Navy team. Navy had a key stop on 4th and goal to hold a nice lead in 3rd qtr.

Big Red reporting

5. starshaw

starshaw Guest

baylor beats one of generic div 2 teams(i cant really rember which one) 55-7.

theres not really much to say about say about this.the div 2 school had to pick 6's and a fumble rec for a TD in there first 3 possions. the score was 45-7 at half time in the second half i pulled my starters and ran the ball ever single play between the tackles.
    griffin got hurt but luckly he is only out for a week.griffin,finley,sabu all had atleast 80 yards rushing and each of them had atleast 1 rushing TD.

6. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

MEMPHIS VS MARSHALL

FINAL SCORE: Memphis 28 Marshall 20

With Memphis starting running back Curtis Steele out for 11 weeks, backup Lance Smith had big shoes to fill. He did just that earning player of the game honors with 175 yards rushing, with two touchdowns.

First Quarter:

The Memphis defense started off sound, forcing Marshall to go 3 and out on their first possession. Memphis took over and their first play from scrimmage, Lance Smith broke a 68 yard run for a TD. Marshall would answer right back, capping off a very quick drive with a 4 yard td pass. 7-7 tie

Second Quarter:

The second quarter is where memphis looked like they were going to run away with the game. They scored 14 unanswered points making the score 21-7. But Marshall wouldnt go away so quietly, sustaining another quick drive against a consverative Memphis Defense finishing with a 5 yard TD pass. 21-14 Memphis

Third Quarter:

Memphis lead off the scoring in the 3rd, taking another two touchdown lead. Marshall would then answer back, tacking on another TD via a 4 yard run. Marshall missed the extra point, leaving Memphis ahead by 8 going into the 4th quarter.

Fourth Quarter:

Memphis played very conservative in the 4th on offense. Majority of the play calling was run. They chewed up the clock very well and when Marshall did get the ball, the Memphis D put the clamps down. Marshall did not get the ball passed the 50 in the 4th quarter.

7. turner46

turner46 Guest

UNLV opens MWC conference play with a 52-21 win over Wyoming. This game they only dropped 9 balls, first time this year vs Division 1 competion they didnt drop double digit balls.