Wk 4: Rams 40 Saints 34 OT

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Jul 6, 2009
    Wk 4: Rams 40 Saints 34 OT

Saints 34 @ Rams40

An overtime thriller in St. Louis. The Saints came into this one with a 2-1 record looking to gain another one over the 1-2 Rams. St. Louis was looking to get back on track. In the first quarter, the Saints would jump all over the Rams. Turnovers would kill St. Louis in the beginning as New Orleans jumped to a quick 28-0 lead in the first quarter of play. Most of the stands began to clear as an aboslute whippin was taking place. However, the Rams would come back to make it a game. St. Louis would score a late TD with less than 1 minute left to go up 34-31. New Orleans would keep their composure and march down the field and put up a three as time expired that began to draw wide left, but hung on. St. Louis would win the toss in overtime and receive the ball. Steven Jackson, Marc Bulger, and Joseph Addai would lead a St. Louis victory march, capped by a Jackson 3 yard TD run to defeat the Saints 40-34.

GG Nate...I am still shaking

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Team Player Stat
    Rams QB M. Bulger 20 for 40 394 YDs 3 TDs 6 INTs
    Saints QB J. English 14 for 25 190 YDs 1 TD 2 INTs
    Rams HB S. Jackson 25 Atts 107 YDs 2 TDs
    Saints HB J. Keller 16 Atts 134 YDs 1 TD
    Rams WR B. Rideau 5 Recs 61 YDs 1 TD
    Rams TE R. McMichael 4 Recs 104 YDs
    Saints WR D. Henderson 5 Recs 85 YDs 1 TD
    Rams MLB J. Laurinaitis 7 Tkls 2 TFLs
    Saints FS C. Vaughn 2 Tkls 2 INTs

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oct 26, 2009
    This seems like Bills/Oilers '92(?) OMFL style lol
  3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009
    I know the rams would have never said it and it would have been no issue, but when I went up 31-3 or something like that I completely shut down. All i had playing in my head was how to not run up the score and how to not be called a cheeser because of my running back. I admit, i was handicapped by previous conversations that I had yesterday. It's almost a burden to have a rb with 99 speed. I shut it down, the rams came battling back and I couldn't turn it back on when they roared back. He deserved to win, but I learned a very valuable lesson. If the other team is still trying, then so will I. I will never again let off the gas, because when they got rolling they got all the plays. I couldn't believe some of those ints. It was a crazy game. GG and GL this season. Not a good start for me. I was sick, still sick, after this game.
  4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Oct 8, 2009
    Let me tell you nate, I have learned my lesson against cimmy a few times too. Kids got heart haha
  5. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Sep 24, 2009
    I don't take issue with running up the score unless im up by 40+.. anything can happen. Especially if its only the first quarter, done it before and have had it done to me too many times.
  6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Wow....this was the EXACT score of our scrimmage together last night Nate. That's nuts.