Wk 4: Sooners Look to Rebound vs TCU

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Boraby, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Sooners Look to Rebound vs TCU in Week 4

[​IMG]

Ask around the country what the biggest surprise in the 2013 season has been so far, and the country will point directly towards Oklahoma. Coach Boraby realizes this more than anyone. After a tough week 1 loss to CPU ASU followed by a huge loss in Georgia week 2, the Sooners had a week three bye. Most user coaches dislike the bye week, but Coach Boraby told us it couldn't have came at a better time.

"I really needed to get spend some time with our team both from a chemistry stand point and a "we need to fix this ASAP standpoint," Boraby said.

After realizing what has gone wrong thus far and what to improve on, the Sooners look forward to ranked TCU in week 4, where they hope to get the first win of the season. For their sake, and their 5-star recruiting sake, they better do more they hope.

"The Chompion's League gave me a warm welcome, and I have had many supporters during this tough loss. I want nothing more than to win and represent Oklahoma in the best way possible. This is just a beginning, and I would rather have this stretch now than in the middle of a great season. Hopefully we can put this behind us soon," Boraby said.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

3. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

[​IMG]
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Sooners overcame some huge adversity, tough penalties and dropped catches. Blake Bell had a great game as did his wide receivers. The defense stepped up when it needed to, and forced a huge Field Goal instead of a Touchdown on TCU's last drive. Fourth down conversions also played in Oklahoma's favor.​
    "It was a big win for our program and our league. I'm glad that we were down and had to chip away at the lead slightly, it really helped us build some necessary team chemistry. Obviously Bell had a huge game for us, but the defense truly stepped it up when it mattered most. Hopefully we can carry this momentum into Kansas State and the following week with Virginia Tech," said team captain and wide receiver Kenny Stills.​
    "It was a great win, and I'm probably more thankful than anyone [in reference to his dropped pass in the end zone late in the game], luckily I was able to make up for it and we ended up on top. On to the next one," added Trey Franks.​
    After the game, Oklahoma's most targeted recruits, FS Byrd and T Pearson, were found conversing near the tunnel. Sources say they overheard Byrd telling Pearson that this win could play a huge role in his decision, with Pearson nodding and smiling in agreement. jandy TheMNorthFace

Coach Boraby was also very sure to give credit to Coach Spayer419 of Ohio State, who contacted Boraby before the game and made sure he knew what was at stake and what needed to be done. "I can't say enough how thankful I am to have great peers in this game who know what they're doing," Boraby laughed.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 2