WK 5: "A Cut Above" Defensive Elite Positional Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, May 21, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

WK 5: "A Cut Above" Defensive Elite Positional Rankings

Defensive Players:

1.Joe Breyley, DE, CHI (9 Sacks, 14 Tkls, 10 TFL) – At least 2 sacks per week over a span of 4 games is pretty impressive for anyone.

2.Chad Greenway, OLB, BAL (5 Sacks, 16 Tkls, 10 TFL, 2 INTs, 4 Pds) – Greenway has been doing it all. He is 2nd in sacks, has registered 10 tackles behing the LOS and has picked off a pair.

3.Antonio Cromartie, CB, JAX (5 INTs, 9 Tkls, 3 TDs, 4 Pds) – Cromartie had one monster game with 4 INTs, 3 of them which were returned back to the house.

4.Jeamiah Lewis, SS, DET (4 INTs, 16 Tkls, 3 TFL, 1 PD) - 2nd in the league in INTs, Lewis also has been very solid in run support by registering 3 tackles behind the line.

5.Ameriol Jones, SS, PHI (4 INTs, 9 Tkls, 2 FF, 2 PDs) – Jones is turning into a ballhawk, but more importantly he also has been forcing turnovers by punching the ball out.

On the cusp: Dexter Knox, CIN

Top Overall Defense:

1.Jacksonville (13.2) – In addition to putting up points, they also boast the leagues best defense. Consider Jacksonville to be early favorites to take a trip to OMFL Bowl III.

2.Philadelphia (13.5) – Vishal has his secondary really working, allowing the least yards through the air thus far. It's going to be hard to score on this defense if you can't put the ball in the air.

3.Dallas (16.7) – Ranked 5th in pass defense and 6th in rush defense is going to take you a long way. Dallas may have the most balanced defense on the NFL, although they were slightly exposed against the Giants last week.

On the cusp: New England

Top Returners

1.Shagg Makino, KR, MIA (3 TDs, 43.2 YPR) – Makino is putting the Dolphins at midfield more than half of the time. His offense has got to love this. What they probably don't love is that he is hogging all the endzone time, scoring 3 TDs so far.

2.Darren Sproles, KR, SD (2 TDs, 40.9 YPR ) - Sproles is 2nd in YPR and TD's. He clearly is among the elite in the NFL, and puts Rivers and Co. in position to take it into the endzone.

3.Khiary Jenkins, PR, OAK ( 2 PR TDs, 22.5 YPR) – If you can punish a team for punting, you will have a good chance to win. Jenkins really takes advantage of the Raiders great defense by rewarding them with points.

On the cusp: Tavadis Purcell, KR, TENN

2. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

really enjoying these Scikotic!

wow Joe Breyley looks like he may break a record

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

That's awseome man. Keep em comin!

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Its a great read even for people outside of the OMFL. Its stuff like this that makes leagues great and helps Tradition football be the best home for online football on the net!

Nice work!

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I love 'em, but why does my returner not get any respect! Dudes a beast mode.

6. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Good stuff scikotic, i'll do my best to get Knox up into the top 5 next week.

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Justin Miller really was a KR beast. He never was much of a punt returner though. Either way, he doesn't have a TD and his longest return is 34 yards. Look at what he would be up against so far....the top 4 all have at least 2 TD's and boast a YPR higher than the Miller's longest return....

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Oh, LOL. Millers a BEAST on punt returns. i was hoping someone would have done this last year cause he had 7 returns for tds and was really beasting it up. I guess I've got some work to do. My offense is eating the clock up so much he doesn't get them often :)

9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Yea, in this game he's a beast on PR. In real life he can't catch a punt to save his life. Lol.

10. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Ted Ginn!

11. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

I just don't see how punts are returned for touchdowns....I've never even been close to taking one back.

12. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I think once you get past the first line of defenders, its actually not too hard. Getting past that first wave is pretty hard though.