WK 5: "A Cut Above" Offensive Elite Positional Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, May 21, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

WK 5: "A Cut Above" Offensive Elite Positional Rankings

A quick look at the best players around the NFL by position. Look for risers and fallers each week as players start to make names for themselves.

Quarterbacks

1.Jack English, NO (11TDs, 2 INTs, 1033 PassYds) – English is the Saints offense. As he goes, so do the Saints, and right now he's going a lot. You're not going to find a hole in his game right now.

2.Philip Rivers, SD (10 TDs, 1 INT, 694 Pass Yds) – Not exactly passing the ball up and down the field, but he's putting the points on the board. Rivers has fallen in love with his Tight Ends Gates and Daniels.

3.Drew Brees, JAX (8 TDs, 2 INTs, 889 Pass Yds) – Just another asset for the multi-dimensional offense for the Jags. Brees is off the to a great start, and has his team out in front in the AFC South at a stellar 4-0 record.

4.Peyton Manning, PHI (7 TDs, 1 INT, 618 Pass Yds) – Looks like he's just warming up that “laser-rocket†arm of his. Vishal knows what his offense is about, and thats putting up points and minimizing turnovers.

5.Jay Cutler, CHI (9 TDs, 6 INTs, 1182 Pass Yds) – Cutler has a new favorite target in Dion Grimes, although it seems he can hit just about anyone on the field. Even the occasional defender.

On the cusp:
    Kurt Warner, OAK

Runningbacks

1.Adrian Peterson, MINN (631 Rush yds, 6 Rush TDs, 1 Rec TD) – AD is just a freak of nature. I would advise stacking 9 in the box if you want to slow this guy down.

2.Michael Turner, ATL (490 Rush Yds, 8 Rush TDs) – The Burner is living up to his name, racking up six carries of 20+ yards this season. He also is one hell of a goalline back, leading the NFL in TDs.

3.Maurice Jones-Drew, JAX (471 Rush Yds, 6 Rush TDs) – Pocket Hercules, just don't call him that name to his face or he will be forced to run you over, as he has done to every defense he's come across thus far.

4.Jonathan Stewart, NYG (345 Rush Yds, 7 Rush TDs) – Stewart may not have a sexy YPG, but he's putting the Giants in the endzone, and thats all that matters.

5.Steven Jackson, STL (344 Rush Yds, 6 Rush TDs, 1 Rec. TD) – Off to a steady and typical start for Jackson, he's carrying the load as well as catching passes out of the backfield. He really doesn't need to be sharing carries with Addai, although they are smart to keep him fresh.

On the cusp: Giovanni Girley, IND

Wide Receivers:

1.Calvin Johnson, DET (27 Rec, 623 Yds, 3 TDs) – Just another 7 catches for 149 yards and a TD. Someone start doubling this guy with safety help over the top.

2.Steve Smith, JAX (13 Rec, 443 Yds, 6TDs) – It's quite simple. Steve Smith is a terror with the ball in his hands. If he gets ahold of the ball, you would be better off trying to stop MJD with an arm tackle that bringing this guy down.

3.Devery Henderson, NO (34 Rec, 469 Yds, 6 TDs) – Ole English's favorite target can outrun just about anyone on the field. The leader in receptions and yards, he can really get you down the field in a hurry.

4.Dion Grimes, CHI (25 Rec, 404 Yds, 3 TDs) – Playing like a #1 pick, and has quickly become the favorite target of Cutler. He had a relatively modest game against the Broncos this week, not cracking 100 yards or even recording a TD.

5.Darrius Heyward-Bey, OAK (21 Rec, 441 Yds, 3 TDs) – Bey can really stretch the field out, and Warner can definitely get it to him. His partner in crime Chaz Schilens is no slouch either.

On the cusp: Andre Johnson

Tight Ends

1)Kellen Winslow, ARZ (14 Rec, 209 yds, 4 TDs) – Winslow leads Tight ends in TDs, but had a very poor performance in week 4. He'll look to bounce back against the Browns in week 5.

2)Antonio Gates SD (15 Rec, 269 yds, 3 TDs) – Rivers to Gates. Yea, we never heard that connection before either.

3)Owen Daniels, SD (9 Rec, 167 Yds, 4 TDs) – San Diego TE, part deux. If you are running routes in the middle of the field, Rivers will find you.

4)Dustin Keller, NYJ (12 Rec, 229 Yds, 1 TD) – Sanchez must love a TE that can outrun every linebacker in the NFL. Keller has wheels on top of wheels. He's going to get open.

5)Shawn Nelson, BUF (12 Rec, 201 Yds, 1 TD) – Nelson is turning into a reliable target in Buffalo, with T.O. & Marshall getting extra attention. Look for this trend to continue.

On the cusp: Jason Witten, DAL

Overall Offense

1)Jacksonville Jaguars (43.2 PPG) – Dunlap is really lighting up the scoreboard, whether its by Steve Smith, MDJ, or Antonio Cromartie picking it off and taking it to the house.

2)Oakland Raiders (37.8 PPG) – The passing game is really working out there in Oakland. Warner can put points up, but so can his backs Beanie Wells and Rookie RB/KR/PR Khiary Jenkins.

3)Philadelphia Eagles (29 PPG) – Reggie Bush and DeSean Jackson could probably compete for the Olympic track 100m race. It's going to be a challenge for any team to try and stop both of them.

Tomorrow: "A Cut Above" Defensive Elite Position Rankings.....

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Wow dude! A+++++ stuff.

Great read!

3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Awwww, you're just saying that because half of your team is in here. :D

4. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Yeah the Patriots always had a player or two liter the top stat boards at every position so we decided to let some of the low tier teams get involved.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

great content Sci!

6. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Good stuff coming from a Jets fan HAHA

Girley top 5 RB!!! hes 74 ovr unlike these other 95 ovr cats

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Girley is almost there. OVR doesn't matter one bit, its the performance on the field. :D

8. Emmdotfrisk

yeah man Bjoern Mason is an amazing back at 67 OVR

9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Lol, who? I must have missed him...

10. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

69 OVR actually. Trouble is his owner is much better with elusive backs...

His owner didn't even give him 5 carries last game. Most went to Cedric Peerman(Who?).

What a dumbass.

11. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

What do you want for him? :D

12. Emmdotfrisk

Touche, in another league I am in he rushed for 1600 yards on the season, WOW

13. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Not to butt into this....But I like Cedric Peerman he was my back up for a few seasons in the Turduckin and was a nice back up.

His main fault was he couldnt hang onto the ball at times and would fumble the pill, one of his str was that he was quick and agile and could catch the ball well out of the backfield.

14. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

awesome awesome awesome! you missed ingram te for the saints. Cats tearing it up also!

15. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

First couple games he went for 100+ but vs redskins he was shut down. 55 yards on 22 caries.

16. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'll make sure to keep an eye out for him, and all the names suggested in this thread. Great stuff guys...

17. Emmdotfrisk

We want your comments Bruce! Welcome big guy

18. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

tell the trade committee that overalls dont matter LOL

19. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

LOL @ Mustang

20. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

LOL, so true but this isn't the trade committee. These are the top of each position so far. Maybe something like this could help sort out candidates for the awards later, but I think I'll leave that to Dunlap.

21. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Knowshon Moreneo gets no love again this year, Well, just from the players who havent faced him yet this year, last game was CPU and he only had 24 yards rushing. If my game vs Bears didnt disconnect, Moreno would lead the league in rushing after his 15 carries for about 160 yds was erased. Oh, well he'll still be top 3 in the league this year and still get no love. ( probably because his team will be at about 5-11 this year again )